Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Lala
RavensDestiny wrote:
zombombie wrote:What makes you say that?! ;)
Because I want this so bad I just know he was giving us a hint! At least I'm hoping so.. Ryan can't really say anything now without me trying to decipher if there are hidden clues in his wording.. :P
Sniff sniff...what do we have to do Ryan..BEG??
By Zombie Pumpkins!
You think you know me so well... you assumed I would release a Walking Dead pattern on the date of the season premiere. Well, that seems like something I would do, doesn't it? But maybe I purposefully did NOT do that, so that I would seem unpredictable! :|

Ok ok... actually, I DID plan to release a Walking Dead pattern in time for the premiere. But somethings "life" things get in the way and cause a delay. :oops: That's okay though, Walking Dead will be on again next week too. You have plenty of chances to celebrate your television watching with matching pumpkin patterns.

Since you had to wait for this one, how I about I make it up to you with a double pattern release? Another set of walker vs walker killer. People seem to like to pair Rick Grimes with Bicycle Girl. So I think it's only fitting that Daryl Dixon gets to play target practice with a walker of his own.

ImageImage
Arrow Walker <------<<< Daryl Dixon

If I can get my hands on real arrow (or even one of those novelty ones you wear on your head) I might omit the optional arrow part of the design when carving this zombie, and stick the REAL arrow through the actual pumpkin. Seems to be the perfect prop. I hope some of you try it too! :thumbsup:
By pagemaster1993
Daryl has a bit of a Guy Fawkes look too him. Those patterns look great by the way.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I was going to use the Arrow Walker as a V.I.P. pattern, but since I plan to keep Daryl in the public pattern collection, I couldn't deny all carvers the chance to pair these together if they want. A replacement V.I.P. is on deck.

I had to do a bit of research on crossbows for this one. I wanted my Daryl pattern to be up to date, so he's shown here with his season 4 hair length. But most photos out there of his crossbow are not what he's using now. We simply can'y have a season 4 Daryl with a season 2 crossbow, can we? :lol: For the first 3 seasons he used a Horton Scout 125 HD, but about 3/4 through season 3 he acquired a Stryker Strykezone 380 (from Morgan's stash). So what's what my pattern is representing.

Also, archers like to debate about the semantics of the terms "arrows" and "bolts." Bolts are the term associated with crossbows, but I guess technically a bolt is shorter and has no "fletching" (the feathers or plastic vanes on the back that give the projectile stability). Since Daryl shoots long projectiles with fletching, I'm going with "arrows." That's what he calls them on the show too, so that's good enough for me.

Ok, enough geeking out about crossbows. Just letting ya know that I do my research. Pattern designing for me takes about twice as long as it needs to, because half the time is spent getting lost on wikipedia, researching my subject matter. :lol:
By amandap80
I have never even seen an episode of the Walking Dead, but I might have to carve the Arrow Walker because it is just so freakin' badass.
By Ajax
Epic :!: I have just the pumpkin for them :thumbsup: Best so far this year :D . It would nice to have a governor or michonne as a VIP to go with this.
By MooBoo
Loving them both!! Cant wait to get carving! :D
By keifferone
Thank you Ryan for this. My sis has been having a hard time and these are going to really cheer her up. Two more funkins are going to be purchased.
By Lala
omg!!! This seriously made me cry - having a bad day and Daryl is just what I needed! As soon as I'm done with work today, it's DARYL TIME!! THANK YOU RYAN!!