Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By shaft28
I just noticed Gandalf etched in front, very cool!
By purple1worm
Bumping this for 2013! i'd love to see a Balrog or maybe a Smaug for next year!
By chuckwagon
purple1worm wrote:Bumping this for 2013! i'd love to see a Balrog or maybe a Smaug for next year!
As a huge fan of Tolkien, I totally agree!! A Balrog would be epic. Every time I look at my Samhain foamie, I feel like it's pretty close, but so far away, lol.
By Pumpkincutter
I too must add my vote for a Balrog. In fact, I joined the forum a moment ago because I would love to see this pattern on my porch this year!

I have loved Tolkien and all things Lord of the Ring and Hobbit for years. I'm always looking for more Tolkien patterns, in the hopes that one Halloween I can create a giant(and geeky!) Tolkien pumpkin display. And I love the Zombie Pumpkins style of pattern.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Welcome Pumpkincutter! Glad you spoke up for your pattern request. I've always thought the Balrog would look cool... a pumpkin lit with fire, just as the creature is. I should at least do some new Tolkien characters.
By purple1worm
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote: I've always thought the Balrog would look cool... a pumpkin lit with fire, just as the creature is. I should at least do some new Tolkien characters.
Agreed! The Balrog would be an Awesome pattern! :D
But with the 2nd part of The Hobbit coming out this December it would be cool to have other Tolkien characters too!
By Pumpkincutter
Yes!! Any and all additional patterns from the world of Tolkien would be awesome.

Thanks for the welcome, Ryan. I've been carving your patterns for the last 7 or 8 years and lurking around here for some time. I figured it was time to join when I saw Tolkien being discussed!
By Mayor of Haddonfield
A pattern of Balrog could be really, really cool, and I could definitely see myself carving that. I had to go back and redo my wish list to add this pattern in. :thumbsup: