Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
By hkzombie
SO... I tried my Pro Carving Tools for the first time yesterday and WOW. I am very impressed! The first pumpkin I did was the Happy Halloween Tree. The design was by Pumpkin Master's and boy, let me tell ya! It is one INTRICATE mother! Thanks to the finest blade in the set, it helped tremendously with the crazy curves of the tree branches and the very crowded slim lettering. I will post a pic of it. Unfortunately, my old digital camera crapped out on me and now I'm thinking about getting a new one so I can show you my little pretties! Happy carving everyone!! :D Other than that, I will definitely purchase a second set next year!
By Nikki
I got my order right before Halloween and the Pro-Carver worked wonders.. I was amazaed at how strong the knife was.. I was so used to the crappy little 'tools' I would get in those little 'Pumpkin Masters' carving books.. I would have to go back to the store within the same day because one of the tools would break and it would be such a hassle!

I was not expecting such a great experience! The handle was a great size and very easy hold and manuever around while carving. The best part? None of the blades broke after I had carved three very thick pumpkins! And they're still very sharp.

I would like to than Ryan for such a wonderful little tool that I will be using every year to come :D
By Hottie McNaughty
Yeah, thanks Ryan! I have two sets so that I don't have to change the blades out and they are so nice to work with.
By CorpseBride
Hottie McNaughty wrote:Yeah, thanks Ryan! I have two sets so that I don't have to change the blades out and they are so nice to work with.
That is totally my plan for next year. I think I may actually get two more next year so I have extras and am not forced to share my baby. HA! :lol:
By Hottie McNaughty
Seriously. I had a Gollum moment and wanted to hoard the precioussssss and make my hubby use the crappy PM tools but that didn't seem like a nice, wifely thing to do. :lol:
By CorpseBride
Hottie McNaughty wrote:Seriously. I had a Gollum moment and wanted to hoard the precioussssss and make my hubby use the crappy PM tools but that didn't seem like a nice, wifely thing to do. :lol:
:lol: :lol: I had that moment as well....I ended up giving her the tool and just gutted all my kins until she was done carving! :lol:
By GUS
I love mine (non zp logo'ed ..but I NEVER mention that :o :lol:
the blades are so tough that after several years of abuse (& I really ought to polish them) I simply heat them up a bit & bash em flat, they're old school durable one off purchasing that does nothing for sales but everything for reputation,! ..so good you don't begrudge a second set for thick & thin blade convenience, you simply covet them in a gollum manner & to be frank that's perfectly understandable breaking with the concept of a throwaway society that we are used to wrapping ourselves in, basically we recognise they are "SPECIAL"
By suzika
Ryan, can you sell a set of replacement blades? I need more blades for next year.
By GUS
if you've got a dremel tool they will polish up well, TBH mine have never blunted (to my feel when cutting) I simply throw a different blade in from time to time when carving with someone & cannot wait fior them to finish with whichever I need) ..all still superb for the job, & in fact a slight bend works well in terms of cutting accuracy over the pattern (thick blade).
don't tell me you've knackered 6+ blades???
By Raven
I've used the same blade in mine for a few years now. If it has dulled any I don't notice. Each year when all the carving is done I just polish it up with a product called Flitz. It makes everything nice and shiny and leaves a protective coating behind.
By pagemaster1993
It's one of the best things I got from the shop so far, second is the Invasion shirt.
By CorpseBride
zombiepumpkins wrote:Glad you like these tools! Got plenty more to go around! :D
How much longer is the shop open? Because I will order more now...or would you rather I waited until next year?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Of the items I have left, I'm still selling and shipping out just about every day. Shop is open year round. Get your stocking stuffers for loved ones.
By CorpseBride
zombiepumpkins wrote:Of the items I have left, I'm still selling and shipping out just about every day. Shop is open year round. Get your stocking stuffers for loved ones.
Sweet! What an awesome idea :D Except I am the only one that likes to carve :( But as a mom you tend to buy your own stocking stuffers! :lol:
By suzika
GUS wrote:if you've got a dremel tool they will polish up well,
don't tell me you've knackered 6+ blades???
They seemed to be much duller at the end of this season. The husband does have a dremel though, so I'll have him see what he can do.