As I cannot leave pumpkin lights alone & keep a good stock of Howler lights to hand in the uk...
I received today via a purchase on ebay a COPY of the howler multi-coloured light.
RIP OFF more like..
It was £2.99 + £1.50 p+p ...& is found wanting compared to Howler quality..
Known as the "color changing pumpkin light" from a company called Amscan (partywares)
Comes in the familiar howler size & look (including halloween print around the outer ring) orange main body.
1. the light lense was really scratched.
2. has a bubble pattern diffuser on the inside of the protective lens.
3. flashes & phases REALLY fast in an almost strobe type motion in a combination of colours not dissimilar to the howler.
4. screw missing allowing moisture ingreession & possibly fritzing electronics..
5. crappy little on / off plastic switch on the base of the light, again allowing moisture ingression / acidic pumpkin to fritz electronics possibly.
6. crappy little on / off switch so ill placed you have to physically turn it over to turn it on, unlike the side access of the howler.
7. NO adapter point for mains supply (unlike howler)
8. it's just like stuffing fairy lights in a pumpkin, ...yes it flashes mainly but it's so fast that it does not hold your eye to the pattern.
9. no colour hold option, no slow phase, no fast phase, simply REALLY fast strobe ..blink & you'll miss it kinda thing!
Overall ...Howler light is king, long live the king!
whilst the el-cheapo is it's 3rd world cousin.
rated 3/10 overall