Tomes from the tomb, recommend reading for you cultured creatures.
By Ajax
I'm adding this to my Christmas list this year! I seen it and indigo last night and skimmed through it and was really impressed with the imagery. It would be a great book for Ryan for reference images and ideas for patterns.

By monstermash
That does look like a nice book. Only £14.99 on Amazon too but out of stock!! :cry: Its going on my wishlist!
By ghostface
I want!!!!! :D
By monstermash
I would carve all of those! I can see a few of us pestering Ryan with pics from this book!! Heeheehee can't wait. :twisted:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oooh. Okay, I've added this to my Amazon wishlist also. Looks like a great book. The concepts discussed and the photos. Quite a history.

I like all things horror, but I've always been partial to monster movies. I guess anything could be considered a monster (even humans act like monsters, in real life and the movies). But generally, I like creature features a bit more than ghost hauntings, alien invasions and human murderers.

I'm sure this book has plenty of beasties to inspire my patterns. Monsters make the best pumpkin designs. Good find, Ajax.
By CombichristGirl
just got my copy of this in lastnight!!!!! i lvoe it im 40 pages in and its just great so many tidbits and each and every photo makes you feel like your there amazing quality! i recommend this to anyone, its also bigger than i thought, over 12in x 12in.
By monstermash
Santa brought me Monsters in the Movies and the Hammer Vault this year (or last year even). They both look fantastic but ive only flicked through them so far. I cant wait to get stuck in.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Me too, me too! Well, the Monsters in the Movies book, that is. I got that for Christmas. Actually I used a gift card to buy the book. It was something I hadn't received as a gift, and knew I just had to have.

The book really does touch on just about every type of movie monster (from vampires to trolls to demons to humans). Some good interviews and recaps in there too. Good inspiration for me.
By monstermash
Ah, i'm glad you have the book Ryan. It will make it easier to pester you with requests like "do a pattern of that creepy thing on page 289" for example. I'd imagine you could replace 289 for any page in that book and it would still make a great pattern.
By ghostface
Ohhhh! I'm soo excited to see all new patterns!! Hope Halloween comes quick!
By pagemaster1993
Is there a website for this book? I would like to buy the book, but at the moment I don't have the money to buy it off of Amazon. It would really help with my Senior Project, which is on movie monsters.
By Ajax
I recieved this as a Christmas present and am about half way through. The images in this book are amazing and many would make great patterns. There are some really cool insights, and interviews regarding horror movies, make up, effects etc from some great directors. I really hope to see some of this stuff come up next October :) as patterns. One thing i do find annoying is how John Landis keeps plugging American Werewolf in London in like every interview. Pick this one up though if you are a fan of movie imagery and trivia.