Tomes from the tomb, recommend reading for you cultured creatures.
If you follow Zombie Pumpkins on Twitter or Facebook, you probably heard about this. But I must do my part to spread the word about this great book (not just because I'm in it... it really is great for any fan of Halloween).

Lesley Bannatyne's newest book, "Halloween Nation: Behind the Scenes of America's Fright Night" is full of inspiring interviews, anecdotes and photos of America's most devoted practitioners of Halloween.

There are chapters on all sorts of "terrortainment" from haunted attractions, parades, costumers, and artists. Entire sections are devoted to icons of Halloween like ghosts, witches, and zombies, with passionate Halloween travelers examining their importance in our traditions. And this handsome devil below is featured in the "Pumpkin Obsessions" chapter:

It was getting late on Halloween afternoon, when I rushed to carve "Undead Ted" on 3 pumpkins. Never know what might end up in a book:

In good company, between Zombie Claus and Rob Zombie (and between Wicca and Wisconsin, incidentally)

You can get more info from Bannatyne's Halloween page "I Skull Halloween." She writes:

The very day I sent this manuscript to the publisher I had two more Halloween events I wanted to add. Now, many months later, I have DOZENS of people, haunts, parties, art, music, and oddities that I'm just kicking myself about, wishing they were in the book. But in truth, if I didn't stop writing, the book would never be published. So here's my idea: In a few weeks, I'm going to start adding these great things to this page as an online addendum to Halloween Nation. Check back!

So keep your eyes peeled for that. I'll add my review of the book after I've had a chance to read it cover to cover.
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By zombombie
Had to order it! Can't go too wrong with a book on Halloween, especially when ZP! are involved! :D

Well done on getting such a mention Ryan, thoroughly deserved :)

Can't wait for it to arrive so I can give it a read!
By snow2alike
I was fortunate enough to meet Lesley at the HAuNTCon in Louisville this week --- she is such a nice person and yes we did talk about the Zombie on page 78 !!! My book is ordered !
By Cheef
ordered mine, cant wait for it to get here.
By pagemaster1993
I wonder if I can find this at Barnes and Noble. If not I will have to order it off of Amazon.
By nosferatu
It looks great. Even better will be "Zombie Pumpkins!" by Ryan Wickstrand. Due to be published soon?
By pagemaster1993
I agreen with Nos. Ryan should publish a book about Zombie Pumpkins. Like a life story about Ryan and why he made this site that thousands of use us everyday.
By paddy_babe
Ryan you should sell autographed copies in the shop! I want to get one but have only seen links to amazon and I've boycotted them :( will keep my eye out as it looks good.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks folks. I may look into ways into helping you get this book. And if I ever put out my own book, you can be sure I'll sell you autographed copies. 8) :wink:
By paddy_babe
well if you get a spare one Ryan give me a shout :) you could sign your page in the book :P but yeah a ZP book would be so cool! (btw I dont know if this will post as I'm actually typing via my ps3 but if it does I'll so be doing this again lol!) 8)