Tomes from the tomb, recommend reading for you cultured creatures.
By SaneInsideInsanity
Depends on the book. It's not hard too read a Sophie Kinsella novel a day but Tolstoy takes a lot more time to get through, I would like too see anyone try and get through 2 of his novels in a week. I am a book worm. I normally read a book a week or so depending on the author and Time. Though to put a number too it is hard. As It depends on the length writing style and number of pages involved.
By SuperSonic
i probably read two books every two months :shock: but i only read King and Dan Brown
By Joey
I read a lot. Whenever I get the chance really. Just finished the 2nd book from George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, I'll probably start on the 3rd on Monday. I keep a book with me at all times for those dull moments.
By Raven
I read every night. I try and not read during the day but some books I just can't put down. I'm currently reading Dan Brown's new book "The Lost Symbol". It's a hard one to put down.
By SuperSonic
RavensDestiny wrote:I read every night. I try and not read during the day but some books I just can't put down. I'm currently reading Dan Brown's new book "The Lost Symbol". It's a hard one to put down.
You'll find the ending to that one "interesting"
By Raven
SuperSonic wrote:
RavensDestiny wrote:I read every night. I try and not read during the day but some books I just can't put down. I'm currently reading Dan Brown's new book "The Lost Symbol". It's a hard one to put down.
I'm about half way through right now. I will be going to DC in April for a wedding. I'm already making a list of things I want to see for myself. :)
By minion_of_the_pumpkin
seems to me that dan brown is a good author. whats type of books does he write
By SuperSonic
minion_of_the_pumpkin wrote:seems to me that dan brown is a good author. whats type of books does he write
He's a thriller writer it just pulls you in and you dont want to let go of the book till its done
By paddy_babe
SuperSonic wrote:
GUYS!! shhh I havent gone out and got it yet :( (spent all my spare money on 'kins :D :lol:)

minion he has wrote "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels & Demons" among others.

I read a lot! my faves are Martina Cole, Mariam Keyes (very funny irish author) and random stuff.... also all the twilights. I have to re-read a lot of books at my house as its hard for me to get up to the libary. I'll be buying the Tru Blood and Dan Browns new one next :D cant wait!
By nosferatu
I tend to read a lot of historical biographies. Currently reading Mao by Jung Chang but I have a particular fascination for Russian history - post revolution and the Stalin years. A trip around Italy a few years back also reignited my interest in art history and I have a box of books waiting to be read. Some are in Italian and as I don't speak the language, may take a while.

For light reading, I have Home by Marilynne Robinson which I read every Saturday morning whilst waiting for ballet and tap lessons to finish.

I did try the Da Vinci Code but didn't like Dan Brown's style of prose. Not that I'm against him, he's just not for me.

I used to read a book a week, every week for years but dog ownership and having children has had a severe effect.Time now is spent before it begins. As has Wii ownership (the very reason I never wanted a games console was that I knew I would spend too much time on it).

Favourite authors, Kurt Vonnegut and Anthony Burgess
By Ajax
I read a book every two weeks or if it's longer one a month. Favorite Authors are Richard Matheson, Stephen King , Arthur C Clarke, Bernard Cromwell Cormac Mccarthy. I read a bit of everything Science fiction, horror, fantasy, historical fiction, horror wait did I already say that.

Suggested reads:

Hell House
2001 a space oddesy
Warlord chronicles trilogy
the Road
Ghost Story
Dracula
I am Legend

Currently reading Fehrenheit 451 which is excellent so far and reminds me alot of 1984. My first Ray Bradbury I think i'll try him again. Any suggestions?
By SaneInsideInsanity
Can't say I've read him. Though I love Orwell so I may have to if you find similarities. Good one to add to my List. I am really liking Patrick McCabe and Nick Cave right now for some reason. Gregory Maguireane Dan Brown aretwo of my favorite light, read authors. Jacqueline Carey, Terry Goodkind are my 2 favorite Fantasy Authors.

All time Favorite authors would have to run around
Charles Dickens
Dodie Smith
Edgar Allan Poe
Gregory Maguire
Janet Finch
John Grisham
J R R Tolkien
Roald Dahl
William Shakespeare

All time Favorite books.
A Time to Kill
Alice's Adventures In Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
Angela's Ashes
Bridget Jone's Diary (You may all laugh at me for this one)
Catcher In the Rye
Fight Club
Harry Potter...all of them
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Les Miserables
Peter and Wendy
Wicked
By Hottie McNaughty
I read a lot....every night before bed and on the week-ends. During my commute I listen to audio books. Right now I'm listening to Wicked on my drive. At home I'm currently reading The Living Dead which is a collection of zombie short stories. One of these stories really got to me because I had a dream that I was being eaten alive by a pregnant zombie lady. :shock:

I like all authors, but currents favorites are:

Clive Barker
Neil Gaiman
Dan Simmons
By Joey
I like lots of authors as well, but the two that are stuck in my mind as awesome because I've read them recently: George R. R. Martin and
Tim Powers. If you're into vampires, Martin's Fevre Dream is the best I've ever read. And Tim Powers wrote my favorite book of all time, On Stranger Tides. Both highly recommended.