Tomes from the tomb, recommend reading for you cultured creatures.
I know this is on the oprah book club which usually means I wouldn't read it if my life depended on it, but this is some good literature. This is a 5/5. I can't wait for the movie.

For those of you who don't know this is a story of a man and his boy travelling across a post apocalyptic landscape to the coast. They encounter many strange and very realistic threats along the way, including Canibals, illness, starvation. The book is very vauge on the the man and the boys past but does hint to a mother/wife. The story is mostly just about survival and finding the next meal, shelter etc. I enjoy post apocolyptic literature and movies and this is the most realistic vision of it i have ever enjoyed.
By nosferatu
Thanks for the recommendation. Who is the author?
By Ajax
Cormac McCarthy

Have you ever watched the movie No Country for old Men?

It is the same authour who wrote that. I researched him after watching that movie and that is how I found the Road.
By GUS
this has been made into a film lately hasn't it?
By Ajax
I think it's coming out this November it was suppose to be out last November not sure what is holding it up. It has Aragorn in it from Lord of the rings, can't remember his name.
By SaneInsideInsanity
i god chills should add that to my readin list too
By vibhandaka
OOooh Viggo! :D

This sounds like a good book and movie! I generally like end of the world stories. I'ma try to get this read before the movie comes out.

Ajax, with you around...I'll have a mile long "to read" list! Keep em coming!
By Ajax
vibhandaka, I usually read a book or two a month and try to stick to the fantasy/horror/science fiction stuff. I read alot of duds, but when i read something good I like to let people know about it. I tend to read alot of stuff that Stephen King recommends, and am currently reading what he has stated is his favorite book of all time Ghost Story by Peter Straub( So far I highly recommend it except i have 200 pages left). He did say in one interview that he has read pretty much everything Dean Koontz has written and so far i am not a big koontz fan with the exception of Phantoms, but I have heard some of his other books are really good that I haven't read so i may give him another chance.

If you really want a good read I highly recommend The Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cromwell. It's a trilogy of books about the King Arthur Legend, and it's much darker then any take you've read before. It is dry in spots but stick with it it pays off in the end. I also suggest 2001 a space oddesy, and 1984 I read them this past year and they are high on my list of much reads. Just stick with 2001 though the rest of the series are just okay. I have alot of time to research this stuff because I work at a call center and pretty much play online with anytime between calls looking for good books, movies, video games, zombie pumpkin sites etc.
By nosferatu
I've just been confirmed as a giver for World Book Night and have been allocated 25 copies of The Road. Can't wait.
By nosferatu
PM me your address and I will send you a copy!
By vibhandaka
I did read this book and I just watched the movie this weekend. IMO, the movie does the book justice, but I still prefer the book.