Tomes from the tomb, recommend reading for you cultured creatures.
By Ajax
I just watched the misery movie for the first time in a long time last night it is awesome. I'd like to read the book some day. I still think it would be a great pattern.

Is anyone else excited about the Dome only another month :D. One day i do plan on rereading the first 4 books of the dark tower and then finishing the series. I think King is alot of peoples gateway drug(mirajuna)of sorts into reading. I think everyone should read the Shining. I am almost done Ghost Story by Peter Straub and i would highly suggest this book to anyone, i'm on the last 50 pages or so and it was a chilling tale although so far the climax has been predictable and is the typical way most horror novels end in a display of action and violence which seems to taint the great atmospere that proceeded it. A huge example of this is It for anyone who has finished it.
By SuperSonic
Dome ????
By vibhandaka
Ajax, I just got done reading Misery not long ago, it was awesome and the movie changes a few things, so it's worth reading. I am trying to read Pet Semetary now, but I am having trouble getting into it.
By emilymegan
Ahh, I just picked up Pet Cemetary the other day !! I'm finding it an interesting read, but I like Stephen's writing. It's interesting to note some of the terminology and ideas in his earlier writing verses today's more politically correct stuff.
By Ajax
Can't wait for this.

By SuperSonic
when does it come out?
By Ajax
Nov 10th 2009
By Ajax
Currently on page 900 of the Dome and it is probably one of my top 5 favorite Stephen King Books ever. Read it now I state my reputation on it. You to Ryan. I notice you don't hang out much in the Book section :wink: , and no excuses about not having time it's only 1100 pages.
By vibhandaka
Ajax, how did Under The Dome finish up? Is it still one of your top 5?

I am currently reading "IT" and it's sooo good. It's actually creeped me out a couple of times. Last night I was reading and I had to go to the bathroom...I ended up having to turn on all the lights along the way, lol.
By mechanik63
big fan of Stephen, have read just about every book he has written including the complete dark tower series. am curious about how Under the Dome is i saw it when i was ordering Just After Sunset.
i have to agree that The Shining was his only book to movie that translated well all others the books are much better than the big screen.
By Ajax
The ending of Under the Dome did let me down a bit, but still in my top 5. I think there even making a tv mini series off of it on HBO. I state my reputation on this book it's a must read for the cool concept alone and the huge cast of characters.
By GUS
Ajax wrote:Can't wait for this.

So let's get this straight, is Sk ripping off the springfield movie?? :wink: :lol:
By Raven
I loved Under the Dome, up until the ending. I was not happy with the explanation or how it ended. It could make a good movie, if done right. It is in development, not sure for the big screen or t.v. Most of Kings stories don't do well as movies, but some have been very good.