Tomes from the tomb, recommend reading for you cultured creatures.
By nosferatu
The New Annotated Dracula by Bram Stoker / Leslie S. Klinger.

I got this for Christmas. It has over 1500 footnotes and 200 illustrations - drawings, movie posters etc.

I hadn't read the book since before the film with Tom Cruise was released. I thought it was an excellent read paricularly due to the insight of the footnotes.

If Steven King thinks it should be on everybody's bookshelf. Then it probably should.

I'm hoping he next does Frankenstein"
By Raven
Tom Cruise was in "Interview with the Vampire". Gary Oldman played Bram Stokers Dracula.

Amazingly, "Dracula" is one book I have not read. I have always meant to, but I always seem to pick up something els. I have read "Interview with the Vampire" but none other in the series.
By nosferatu
Of course you are right! How the hell is it possible to get confused between those two?? Mind is addled through lack of sleep, stress and work.

I'll have a Christian Bale style freakout and then I'll be okay!
By Raven
I think both Tom and Gary did phenomenal in their roles. Tom Cruise made a spectacular Lestat. Gary Oldman was amazing as Dracula. Maybe not easy to confuse, but at least you picked two actors that did justice to their characters.

Of course, next time there will be no excuse! :P
By Euri
I LOVE Dracula by Bram Stoker!

But somehow I missed the annotated version coming out. Whoa! Sounds like it's loaded. I'm going to have to pick it up.

I remember the first time I read it. I literally stayed up all night to finish it and had just the last 20 pages left when I had to put it down to go to work. It almost killed me waiting to get home to finish it. (wasn't concerned with sleep :lol: )

I liked the movie with Gary Oldman. Some of it wasn't what I expected but, agreed, Oldman was great. I also really liked Anthony Hopkins in his role. :D

I'm so heading to the bookstore. Thanks for the heads up!
By purple1worm
I've never read dracula by Bram Stocker. But I have read the whole vampire series form anne rice. it's excellent. To bad she doesn't write that stuff anymore, she has returned to her christian roots. As far as the movies go. both mentioned were good. Although i prefer Bam's Dracula. I really didn't like The queen of the dammed.
By The Vlad Hatter
Bram Stoker's Dracula is not the same as the Drac we all know and love know, so if you pick it up just beware.
By purple1worm
ok. I am familair though with the real inspiratio for drac. I remember seeing documentories on the real vlad.
By Ajax
I loved Dracula, i just read it last summer. I don't think I would be interested in this edition though. I'm the type of guy who just watches the movie not the extras. Probably my favorite book of all time. If you liked it i would also suggest I am legend, salems lot, and 13 bullets which are all great Vampire stories.
By Euri
I'm pulling this thread off the back shelf and dusting it off. Looking for some good Halloween reading and I would swear I read somewhere that there is a sequel to Dracula based of Bram Stokers notes (aren't all posthumous books making that claim?). I'd love to read it if it's good or know to avoid it if it's not. Anybody know of a Drac sequel worth sinking your teeth into?