Tomes from the tomb, recommend reading for you cultured creatures.
By pagemaster1993
That's intresting. I just can't see it really working out for fans too well. Those who grew up with Thor and love Thor may or may not take well to the change.
By NikkiRae
I'm not completely sure how I feel about it. I mean, I get that they're trying to show support and pride for strong female characters/heroes. But I kind of feel like it's just a hand-me-down hero? Not sure how to explain it. I think it would have been better if they came up with a brand new concept for a female hero.
By Raven
Since I've now heard this on the news and radio I'm inclined to believe they did this simply to stir things up and get everyone talking about it. They will probably kill her off or something after awhile and we will have the REAL Thor back.
By pagemaster1993
I wouldn't see the need for a female Thor. That is if the only reason is for them to show support for strong women. The only reason I say this is because they already have a lot of strong female characters. Black Widow, Storm, Rouge, Mystique, and I could go on if I had my Marvel encyclopedia with me.

On a side note this wasn't the first time someone else weilded Mjolnir. In the Marvel universe Awesome Android, Beta Ray Bill, Captain America, Red Norvell, Thunderstrike, Wonder Man, Bor, Buri, Alex Power, Conan The Barbarian, Crusader, Dargo Ktor, Deadpool, Doop, Loki, Magni, Ragnarok, and Spider-Man. Now comes the shocking part. Both Wonder Woman and Superman have also were deemed worthy in Marvel vs. D.C.
By NikkiRae
pagemaster1993 wrote:I wouldn't see the need for a female Thor. That is if the only reason is for them to show support for strong women. The only reason I say this is because they already have a lot of strong female characters. Black Widow, Storm, Rouge, Mystique, and I could go on if I had my Marvel encyclopedia with me.
I agree. They already have a large number of strong female characters. I don't see the necessity for taking an already iconic character and making them a female when they've already given us so many. If they're looking to shake things up, they should have just developed a new one. Just my opinion though. I know it's not that simple.
By NikkiRae
Marvel announced last night that Captain America will now be Sam Wilson who was The Falcon. Steve Rogers has had all the super serum sucked from his system. This is all part of their new Avengers NOW! thing.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/new-c ... sam-wilson
By pagemaster1993
Well as far as I knew The Cap was dead in the comics. Unless that changed (I don't really read the comics). If that is the case, then the Stars and Stripes are up for grabs. However I don't see the need to take one hero and turn them into another. Of course this has already happened when The Punisher dawned (in this case) the Stars and Skulls. If I am correct this occured after Marvel Cival War in Punisher War Journal #7.
By Hottie McNaughty
In a What If, Rogue also was Thor for a bit.

And to be clear, they aren't making Thor a woman. Thor is simply not worthy of Mjolnir for whatever reason so the hammer goes to someone who is worthy who happens to be female. It kind of bothers me that they are calling her Thor and dressing her like Thor as it's not really necessary. We don't really know who it's going to be other than it's someone who Thor has saved. No doubt once Thor proves himself worthy again, he will once again be able to wield mighty Mjolnir.
By Raven
Why are they calling her Thor? I mean, his name is Thor Odinson regardless if he has Mjolnir or not, right? She may have the power of Thor now, but I just don't see why they are calling her Thor.
By Hottie McNaughty
Raven wrote:Why are they calling her Thor? I mean, his name is Thor Odinson regardless if he has Mjolnir or not, right? She may have the power of Thor now, but I just don't see why they are calling her Thor.
Word.
By NikkiRae
Raven wrote:Why are they calling her Thor? I mean, his name is Thor Odinson regardless if he has Mjolnir or not, right? She may have the power of Thor now, but I just don't see why they are calling her Thor.
According to whoever it was that made the announcement (can't remember), the person in possession of Mjolnir is Thor. Something to do with the inscription on the hammer, I think that's what they said. Still doesn't make any sense to me though.
By pagemaster1993
Unless they change the scripture on the hammer, that would have to be dismissed.

The hammer says
Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.
Now we already know that you don't have to be a male to wield Mjlonir (see past post for details). However anyone who wields the hammer still remands who they are. They just gain Thor's powers.