Tomes from the tomb, recommend reading for you cultured creatures.
By zombombie
Not to sound like a d-bag, but do you mean H.P. Lovecraft?

He was an American author probably best known for his cosmic and weird horror stories and poems. Lovecraft was the originator of the whole Cthulhu Mythos and the Old Ones, and The Necronomicon. He died in 1937 at the young age of 46.

I'm a big fan and would definitely recommend you pick up some of his work.
By Raven
I don't know H. D. Lovecraft either, but as Zombombie said, H. P. Lovecraft is a famous novelist. :wink: If you're interested I would start with a compilation of his short stories.
By staticfurball
I have a compilation of his work and it definitely sets a a standard in his genre of writing. Love his stuff.
By Ajax
Its H P Lovecrafts younger much slower brother Henry Daley Lovecraft. He wrote childrens books about monsters one called "Don't feed the Cthulhu. He later died of Syphillis at the age of 42.
By SuperSonic
Ajax wrote:Its H P Lovecrafts younger much slower brother Henry Daley Lovecraft. He wrote childrens books about monsters one called "Don't feed the Cthulhu. He later died of Syphillis at the age of 42.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ajax wrote:Its H P Lovecrafts younger much slower brother Henry Daley Lovecraft. He wrote childrens books about monsters one called "Don't feed the Cthulhu. He later died of Syphillis at the age of 42.
I was *just* going to post something along those lines but you beat me to it! I was going to say that HD was HP's lesser known, pudgy and balding older brother.

You did it much better! :thumbsup:
By Raven

OH! Him.. Yeah, I don't know much about him.

We're just teasing, Pargolf. While I had heard of him before it was only a few years ago that I first read anything from him. Being as his work is older I was a little leary. I didn't want to read a bunch of stuff that read like A Tale of Two Cities. I liked what I have read and plan on reading more.
By Raven
Kayo wrote:Raven what do you have against old books? some of the oldest books are the best :pirate: (RANDOM PIRATE)
Nothing against them at all, I've read and enjoyed many, although there are some I can't get through no matter how hard I try so I'm always a bit leery to start them.
By Kayo
RavensDestiny wrote:
Kayo wrote:Raven what do you have against old books? some of the oldest books are the best :pirate: (RANDOM PIRATE)
Nothing against them at all, I've read and enjoyed many, although there are some I can't get through no matter how hard I try so I'm always a bit leery to start them.
oh by that account i am leery of all books! (dyslexic)
By chuckwagon
Hey Par, if you're seriously gonna think about checking out HPL, I would highly recommend picking up a copy of "Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre"... That was the very first Lovecraft collection I ever bought and it is what got me HOOKED!! I've been addicted to his style of writing ever since. You'll find that he is over the top descriptive, and really gives his readers a vivid mental image that makes it so easy to see what he is writing about. "The Call of Cthulhu" is his most famous work, but it's a bit longer than his normal short stories, so if you wanna get your feet wet first to see how you like it, I'd go with Bloodcurdling Tales, etc. that I mentioned because it has a lot of his great short ones in there like "The Tomb", "The Rats in the Walls", and I think that "The Statement of Randolph Carter" is in that collection as well... Honestly, I'm so in love with his work it's hard to recommend a starting point because I think all of it, no matter how short or long, is nothing short of brilliant.

Actually, maybe Raven can confirm, cause it seems like I recall her saying in a thread that she had that copy as well?
By Pargolf
Bart Simpson writing on the chalkboard : H.P. H.P. H.P H.P. H.P. H.P H.P.
Sorry about the keystroke error, (H.D.) IT has since been edited. Since I am the freshman on the website, your not going to make me stand up and sing the ZOMBIE PUMPKIN Alma mater are ya? :oops:

Seriously, Thanks all for the info. Thanks Chuckwagon! your recommendation will go on my reading list.