Tomes from the tomb, recommend reading for you cultured creatures.
Lovecraft is a pattern on this site, so it's good to have a topic about who he is, for others who are curious about him. So I'm glad you started this topic, Pargolf. And your keystroke error allowed everyone to have a little fun, which proved that you're a good sport. You're welcome around here any time, no need to memorize the alma mater... yet.
By Euri
I'm also glad this was brought up. I read a lot and got my major in English in college but the writings of Lovecraft always eluded me. The statements here have prompted me to pick up his work and give it a go. Should be an interesting read.
By chuckwagon
Pargolf wrote:Thanks Chuckwagon! your recommendation will go on my reading list.
No problem Par... I do want to clarify though, I checked my collection, and The statement of Randolph Carter is NOT in the Bloodcurdling Tales... book, however it IS in The Dream Cycle of HP Lovercraft: Dreams of Terror and Death, which is basically another, slightly larger collection of stories, so maybe you could take a look at that volume as well. The absolute best book, in my opinion, if you just want to go all out, is titled Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales of HP Lovecraft which is published by Orion Books in the UK, and that particular book is available only in the UK as a special edition (or so it says). I found a copy when I was in Scotland on vacation about 2 years ago. Maybe you can get it on Amazon. You will find that a few of the Del-Rey published books sometimes have duplicate stories in them, which is fine by me because they do contain a few that the other books do not have, so they are worth having. Good luck to you... Hope you find one that you like, and enjoy HPL as much as I have!!
By CorpseBride
The creator of Cthulhu!! And the inspiration for my newest tattoo :)

He is a great author and creative mind. His writing style took me a little while to get used to, but now that I "get" him I thoroughly enjoy his books.