Tomes from the tomb, recommend reading for you cultured creatures.
By zombombie
I love urban legends, I get a real kick out of them and how they're always "a friend of a friend" or "have you heard the one about...?" Anyone else enjoy these? Here are some classics:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/horror ... -Tales.htm

I remember the one about the dog from when I was just little, maybe 9 or 10, and it absolutely terrifying me!
By MooBoo
And now I'm terrified! Lol. I remember a couple of those, especially the killer in the back seat. That one always stuck with me and to this day I always check the back seat. But the midget clown one was creepy! :o
By Raven
I've heard quite a few of these. My dear mother usually sends me a few e-mails a month containing some story or warning she believes is true. I usually have to call her and assure her no one is going to be hiding under my car at the gas station ready to slash my Achilles tendon in order to incapacitate me.

The body under the hotel mattress IS true, and it's happened more than once. :shock:
By purple1worm
I enjoy those too! Wasn't there a show about Urban Legends? I think it would show 3 and at the end would reveal which was actually a true story.
By NikkiRae
purple1worm wrote:I enjoy those too! Wasn't there a show about Urban Legends? I think it would show 3 and at the end would reveal which was actually a true story.
Yes! I want to say it was on like H2 (History 2) or something like that. But I used to watch that show regularly. The family and I would make it into a contest to see who got the true ones right. Good show.
By Raven
I remember 2 shows like that. One was "Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction" and they also had one called "Urban Legends". They still show both of them as reruns here.
By vibhandaka
I remember watching a movie called "Campfire Tales" with 4 vignettes. One of them was the "People Lick Too" story and it has always freaked me out. For a long time after I saw that I would have check under my bed before going to sleep.
By staticfurball
I love urban legends, it's always a friend of a friend and so on, like your still connected to the story no matter how far removed lol. I remember the baby sitter one, where she keeps getting phone callas, and eventually the operator tells her "but mam, the calls are coming from inside the house!! "" ahhhh . OHH I love that one. I think they made a movie about that one actually.