Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Here Come the Mummies' new album "Crypic" was released yesterday and made a strong debut. They hit #29 on the iTunes rock chart, #1 on the Amazon Funk Rock chart, and came close to entering the Billboard Top 200.

I donated to their recent Kickstarter campaign, which gave me early access to a digital copy of the album, which I've been enjoying for a while. And just last week I received my physical copy of the album, along with an "Official Sponsor" t-shirt.

The coolest part - the band autographed my CD. That's right... Spaz, The Flu, Java, Cass, B.B. Queen, Rah, Eddie, and K.W. Tut scribbled their names on the cover. :lol:

By pagemaster1993
We have one happy Patchmaster on our hands. I think I know what that means. More patterns! I can almost see Ryan making a pattern for each member of the band.
By chuckwagon
AWW MAN, I'm so jealous right now!! I have really been into these guys since you first mentioned them on here... I found out that I remembered them from a few of their Bob and Tom radio show appearances. I've been jamming to "Dirty Minds" almost every day since, LoL!!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Seems like Here Come the Mummies tour through my area just about every summer, and I'm not about to turn down a chance to see them. Especially at a venue where the show is free.

It's dangerous to seat me near the merchandise table before the show starts. I couldn't resist helping myself to a "Mummy Wraps Slap-Koozie" (state-of-the-art, space-age koozie brings together two of your favorite things: beverage temperature regulation and 80's slap bracelets), an official Freak Flag (run it straight up the pole, gotta show your colors 'fore you get too old) and 2 of their CDs that I didn't have in tangible format yet (priced at $15 for one or $20 for two, it's a no brainer to get two).

Here's a shot from the show, which was a blast as usual. With a new album released last month, they showcased plenty of new tunes (including some of my favorites like Devil Better Run and Anything But). And of course they played a lot of their classics, while having fun with their costumes, props, and synchronized dance moves.

By the way, that "FREAK!" flag I bought is based on their song by the same name (check out this fan made music video for "Freak Flag"). And this banner is a perfect item to have the band autograph. I met 4 of the guys after the show and had them sign my flag: Spaz, Rah, Eddie and Java.

And finally, here's a photo of me with Eddie Mummy, the drummer of the group. After signing my flag he stood on top of a table, and started blowing a whistle while waving my flag wildly in the air. What a freak. :D

By pagemaster1993
I wish we could get bands to come in closer to Altoona, Pa. The last group we had was Journey and I really don't know much about them.
By chuckwagon
pagemaster1993 wrote:I wish we could get bands to come in closer to Altoona, Pa. The last group we had was Journey and I really don't know much about them.
Good news Page!!... I was looking at their tour dates, and they are gonna be at Musikfest in Bethlehem, PA on August 9th. That's kinda close to Altoona isn't it? I went there last year to see The Red Elvises with some coworkers when we were in Pocono, and as I recall, the shows are all free!! I'm trying to go to the show they have in Dallas, TX later in the year, but tickets haven't gone on sale yet. I hope I get to go, and let my FREAK flag fly!!
By pagemaster1993
It's about 3 hours away, but I wouldn't have any transportation to get there. Also the money in my wallet is probably not proficient enough to pay for tickets.
By chuckwagon
aww that sux man, sorry. I really thought it was a bit closer than three hours. Well, I'm pretty sure the Musikfest event itself is free if you can find a way to get there. I think it's a few days worth of bands and stuff. The only thing you really have to pay for is food and drinks if you want, which as I recall are super overpriced anyway, and totally not worth it.
By pagemaster1993
I heard that the food and drinks are really expensive too. I think it's a conspiracy. They give you free admission, but charge you outrageously for snacks and beverages. Also most places have a rule where you can't bring your own stuff.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The post-Halloween holiday season is here, so don't forget to celebrate Thanksgiving with the Mummies song Jive Turkey.

And of course, they know how to do Christmas too. Last year they released a couple holiday songs, and this year Secret Santa has been made into a video.

"A funky holiday romp by your favorite undead rock band, Here Come The Mummies. See what really happens when Santa's helpers are left to play."