Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Itching for new tunes to infect your ears? Check out The Creepshow, a psychobilly outfit from Canada. Ghoulish themes and a retro vibe, with groovy vocals by the appropriately named HellCat. The perfect soundtrack to back alley knifings and drunken cat fights.

The Zombie Pumpkins have been rotting and rolling to the "Sell Your Soul" album for days. Well, nights mostly. As you can imagine, the song "Zombies Ate Her Brains" is getting heavy rotation in the pumpkin patch.

Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
By majek
Just happened to run across their new album 'Run For Your Life', its pretty good, so I'm downloading their first album now.

As Ryan mentioned its psychobilly with a Horror theme, good stuff!!! It will fit in nicely with 'my' traditional Halloween carving soundtrack of Misfits, Samhain, Danzig, AFI, and Son of Sam :-)
By nosferatu
I used to think I was relatively in touch with music but now I think I must have been in a coma for several years. Oh my God! I'm turning into my dad! The horror of that thought has almost left me in tears. I may as well go and buy the white sport socks now and tuck my shirt as far and as tightly it will go into my jeans.... jeans with razor sharp creases of course.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Time to bring this topic back from the dead. To refresh your memory on this band, they offer this description: "Whatever you do, don’t write The Creepshow off as just another psychobilly band. While their lyrics draw inspiration from b-movies and early horror films, they’re also full of personal insight and personal stories dealing with everything from addiction to mental health to tales of love gone horribly wrong."

Based on the date of the original post in this thread, it appears I've been a fan of The Creepshow since 2006, when their first album came out. That album was "Sell Your Soul" and since then they've released 3 more albums: "Run For Your Life," "They All Fall Down," and "Life After Death." They've also gone through a few changes to their lineup. To get a taste of their current offerings, here's the video for their most recent single "The Devil's Son" which was written by their newest singer Kenda "Twisted" Legaspi.

This band ranks high on my list of favorites, but these hard touring Canadian's don't often make it to my part of the states. In fact, last night they played their first Connecticut show ever. So of course I had to be there. In the front row. I couldn't have asked for a better first Creepshow concert experience. Here are some of the best photos I captured.

And to really top off the experience, I got to meet frontwoman Kenda after the show. Hard working woman, slinging her own merch. Sold me a t-shirt and I also got my hands on the setlist. Really can't complain! :D

By Zombie Pumpkins!
When you say, "nice haul" you mean the shirt and setlist I brought back from the show, right? Because that singer/model/tattoo artist didn't come home with me.
By Zee
Great pictures! Glad to see that this band is still kickin' around! Kenda is a great fit... but I have to admit that I prefer both the Blackwood sisters. Diggin' Hellcat and the Prowl though. Walk off the Earth... meh.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh yeah, they're a hard working band. Through ups and downs, they're still kicking. Thus their latest album and tour LIFE.AFTER.DEATH.

The Blackwood sisters are great, no doubt about that. Filling the role of singer leads to the inevitable comparisons to those who came before, but I think Kenda brings her own style rather than trying to imitate anyone else. And seeing her perform live really won me over. Plenty of energy, smiles and crowd interaction. Seems like she (and the whole band) were having a blast, which is infectious.

Zee, do you know what ever happened with Hellcat and the Prowl? I remember hearing a few demo songs a long time ago, but I wasn't sure if she ever pursued that project further. A Google search brings up a MySpace page :shock: which isn't the most promising sign when searching for timely content. Haha.
By Zee
Unfortunately, things seem to have been pretty quiet on the Hellcat and the Prowl front lately. I have some of their demo songs on my ipod, but there's no official album that I'm aware of. Jen did some backups on the new Matadors disc though. Good stuff! You should give it a listen if you're into them. Beyond that, I heard she's just tattooing... probably busy with her kids too... and Hooch! :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I have the latest Matadors album too. :thumbsup: I think I found The Creepshow first, and then became aware of Hooch and his band because of his duet with Hellcat on the track "Doghouse." I remember when the two of them had a baby and she left The Creepshow, and since then I sorta figured she was more focused on family life and other personal projects. But she makes a hell of a band frontwoman, so it's too bad we don't get more of that these days.
By sloaner
Ah these guys are from my neck of the woods. I might have to play some of their songs at this years Halloween party.
By Zee
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I have the latest Matadors album too.
Is it fair to assume that you're also a fan of Butch Haller? I love me some Butch Haller and His Chesterfield Ramblers!

Sloaner, The Creepshow are from my neck of the woods as well! I'm from Hamilton... please don't judge me. :D
Last edited by Zee on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Haha... well, despite having several Matadors albums, I was not aware of "Butch Haller and His Chesterfield Ramblers." Looked into them and... well, now I hope to see old Butch perform live before his kicks the bucket. :lol: