Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
Every winter you'll hear Christmas carols played on every radio station, in all the department stores, and as backing tracks of so many television advertisements. Unfortunately Halloween doesn't get the same aural exposure. Songs like Thriller, Monster Mash and the Addam's Family theme are all classics, but I crave more. So over the years I've been amassing quite a collection of terror tunes.

Every Halloween season (which for me is September - October) I put all these bone shaking tracks into heavy rotation. Do I get weird looks when people overhear me jamming to a punk cover of the Ghostbusters theme in early September? Sure, but I don't care. After all, this is my job!

While there are many horror themed artists, it's always nice to come across a song that is specifically about the holiday, and destined to become an annual Halloween anthem for the ages. Enter shock rocker Alice Cooper, with his new single "Keepin' Halloween Alive."

"At home my family all gathers around an old spooky tree decorated with skulls and bones in the living room, and we exchange gifts," says Cooper. "It's our holiday. We even all have matching black-and-orange Halloween sweaters! I wanted a theme song for people like me, and for us Halloween never ends. In the chorus I say, 'I'm keepin' Halloween alive, baby, 3-6-5'... and I mean it!"

Available exclusively on iTunes, if you head over to Alice's Halloween site you can listen to the track and follow the links to purchase.

You just know I just have to love a song that starts and ends with the lyrics, "I'll keep my jack-o-lantern light on for everyone tonight!"
By nosferatu
Thanks for the link Ryan.

I am going to see Alice Cooper on December 1st so I am trying to familiarize myself with his most recent work.

You are right about Halloween songs though. Over here they may get played on the day but not before.

However, it is great that people like AC keep the holiday alive. Hopefully, it will get played to hell...and back.
By SaneInsideInsanity
o0o0 thanks for the link im going to have to get on that after work...speaking of which i really should go get ready
By Tkaraoke
Alice was in KC a few months ago and I didn't find out until he was long gone. A friend of mine saw him back in the 70's/80's and said he's a trip on stage. He's the original Shock Rocker!
I need to get some more Alice Cooper music. I have the Rob Zombie Icon C.d. and the free download I got from his upcoming C.D., but that is it for that.
I have a friend who works with Alice, so I scored tickets to his last show here (when he was on tour supporting Iron Maiden). Didn't get to go backstage this time (fingers crossed for next time), but it was a hell of a show. And even though his set was significantly shorter, he still brought out all the props - snake, guillotine, giant Alice monster.

Check out the episode of Nevermind the Buzzcocks he hosted. Some of the stories he has are just out of control.