Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
Ohh jeeze! You HAD to dig up my grammatically incorrect post on one of your first? For shame! Juust kidding!

I have tonnes of stuff I listen to and I go through phases. Right now Linkin Park has made a comeback into my life. Gahd the teenage years… ANYWAY. Rise Against is fantastic! Theres tonnes out there. Feel free to post anything you find!
Zee wrote:I just listened to "Elvenking." I dig it!
Hey, glad you liked it! Not sure which song or song's you listened to, but this particular one is my fav that they have done. It has that sort of Renaissance/modern era fusion sound that I was trying to describing in my last post. As a guitar player, I lover the sound, and the feel, and works so great as a duet!

And just for the music, and guitar track, I have put this particular one in my top ten for now. Simple, yet so fun to play.

I do still love my hard rock and metal, though. Always gonna pay homage to my roots, lol. I like that you mentioned horrorbilly! I checked it out, and it's really cool. Was watching a little bit of "Blood Sucking Zombies From Outer Space" and "Zombie Ghost Train" and "The Matadors". Good stuff indeed!!
By Zee
SuperSonic wrote:Ohh jeeze! You HAD to dig up my grammatically incorrect post on one of your first? For shame! Juust kidding!

I have tonnes of stuff I listen to and I go through phases. Right now Linkin Park has made a comeback into my life. Gahd the teenage years… ANYWAY. Rise Against is fantastic! Theres tonnes out there. Feel free to post anything you find!
SuperSonic, I might be new here but I'm not new to causing trouble. :lol: I'm teasing. I often misspell words AND I have very poor grammar. Who am I to judge?
Will you be hitting up the Linkin Park/30 seconds to mars/AFI show in Toronto? Also, if you dig Rise Against, you might want to head out to Riot Fest in Toronto. RA are one of the headliners... they'll probably play a bunch of stuff off The Black Market--so bummed I can't make it to this one.

Chuckwagon, I originally listened to two songs but both were pretty fast paced. I like the mellow stuff too though. Keep the oddities coming!
I don't think I've ever seen this post. But I'm loving seeing how diverse everyone is in their music. For me, my taste in music ranges pretty much everywhere but rap. Country and rock are probably my favorite genres because they're what I grew up on, but if you look at my iTunes list or my Pandora stations you'll see Oldies, Motown, Techno, Classic and pretty much everything in between. I've recently been listening to my Something Corporate station lately, lots of stuff from when I was in high school.
By Raven
Wow, I posted in this thread 5 years ago! That's crazy. :)

I don't think my tastes have changed much. Right now I'm totally digging Imagine Dragons, Muse, One Republic and listen to Oasis "Champagne Supernova" on my phone a lot lately, even though it's an older song. Rob Zombie is still my go to favorite. I hang out with my husband in his office a lot lately and he always has NIИ playing, so I've been listening to them lately, although not my first choice. If I like it, I listen to it, no matter what kind of music it is.
I'm an Alternative/ Indie Rock kinda guy, Lana Del Rey, twenty-one pilots, Walk The Moon, Fitz and the Tantrums and quite a few more. I recently discovered a new band called The Griswolds which I really like.

I do enjoy some occasional metal music as well, mostly Rob Zombie and Metallica.

Also I'm a big electronic fan. I refuse to listen to the bands that include the mainstream "beat drop" aspect to their music. So I really love and appreciate the ones the don't go the "beat drop" direction, Deadmau5, Daft Punk, Calvin Harris, and the c90s just to name a few.

So as you can see I have quite the eclectic pallet of music tastes!
I like it all - We'll Most !

I listen to everything from Metal to Opera, County, 50's and 60's Oldies, Soul, Blues, Classical and MOTOWN etc...
Pretty Much everything made before the 2000's - LOL

My Fav is 60's Classic Rock, and the 80's Hair Bands.
Yep, Quit Riot, the scorpions, Twisted Sister, VH, KISS, Poison, Motley Crue Queen, Stones, Beatles, Joplin, Hendrix, etc...

Ya Know when Music was Original, and Each Band had their own Sound and Style!
I'm a huge classic rock fan as well!!! That's what my parents always played while I was growing up. :)
By Raven
I really love a lot of Classic Rock as well. What has me sad these days is when I put on the "classic rock" radio station and they are playing stuff I listened to as a teenager, then I just end up mourning my youth. :cry:
Raven wrote:What has me sad these days is when I put on the "classic rock" radio station and they are playing stuff I listened to as a teenager, then I just end up mourning my youth. :cry:
OMG, so true! I heard Nirvana's "Smells like Teen Spirit" on a classic rock station last week... Got so depressed... I was thinking "Man that was only the early 90's!!! HOLY CRAP, that was almost 25 years ago!!!"
I'll share some of my favorites.

Oingo Boingo
Misfits (probably one of my top 5 favorites, though I really only like their stuff when Danzig was still in the band)
Johnny Cash
Pixies
Roy Orbison
The Cramps
Edith Piaf
Nirvana
The Raveonettes
Hank Williams Sr.
Wanda Jackson
David Bowie
New Order
Cock Sparrer
Iggy and the Stooges
Old Crow Medicine Show
Deke Dickerson
Death Cab For Cutie (though no albums after Narrow Stairs)
Frank Sinatra
Devil Makes Three
Dean Martin
And pretty much any 90s hip hop...I'm a total sucker for it.
Artist's I've been binge listening to are the following:

Protest the Hero (CAN)
Silverstein (CAN)
LIGHTS (CAN)
Linkin Park
Baby Metal
Rush
The Used
Sonic Team (anything Sonic soundtrack related)

Artists I think deserve a mention (mainly because I DO listen to them often enough)

Sleeping With Sirens
Escape The Fate
Slash
Mayday Parade
Papa Roach
Chiodos
Judas Preist
Crossfaith
Children of Bodom
By Zee
SuperSonic wrote:Artist's I've been binge listening to are the following:

Protest the Hero (CAN)
Silverstein (CAN)
Great bands! So glad you mentioned them!

AlyssaSF, totally agree with you about the Misfits... although, I also liked Michale Graves. Jerry Only has officially ruined the Misfits for me... terrible singer IMO.