Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
By nico_reed
Wow am I crazy, or has no one mentioned any Alice Cooper yet? Welcome to my Nightmare is great from start to finish. If I had to pick just a few from that album I'd say the title track and Black Widow are stand outs. A few others:

I love the dead - Alice Cooper
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Every day is Halloween - Ministry
Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus
They're coming to take me away - Napoleon XIV
Night on Bald Mountain - Mussorgsky

Euri - I too have always loved Vetran of the Psychic Wars. It's such a great song, but so obscure!
By Euri
Funny, I didn't realize how obscure it was until after I got hooked. I first heard it on the Heavy Metal soundtrack. 8) Love alot of their stuff.

Ooh, you've added some more great songs to the list. My mp3 is going to be full!
By Sind3315
:cry: Oh man, I want a copy of one of those CD's... I know I'm slow, I don't have an IPOD yet now I just gotta figure out who to talk into to making me a CD now.... :P
By Tkaraoke
Don't forget NIB by Black Sabbath! That's one of my personal favorites....OH YEAH!!!!! lol
By SaneInsideInsanity
currently have 2 new playlists downloading it's gonna be some creepy tracks this year...wonderful....excellent...good even slimy....time to start burning when i get home from work.
By nico_reed
Another good one that my mother reminded me of is "Boris the Spider" by the Who. I love the creepy crawlies!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I finished compiling my mix CD for 2008. Trying to offer a decent range (as well as leave some good songs for future mixes), this is the track list I came up with this year.

01. "The Sermon II" by The Creepshow
02. "Ballad of the Zombie Pumpkins" by Dark Asylum
03. "Voodoo Baby" by Hypnogaja
04. "Little Shop Of Horrors" by New Broadway Cast
05. "Epiphany" by Johnny Depp
06. "Aim For The Head" by Creature Feature
07. "The Addams Family"
08. "Highway To Hell" by AC/DC
09. "Halloween Theme Remix" by Ronald Jenkees
10. "Irish Ballad" by Tom Lehrer
11. "Somebodys Watching Me" by Rockwell
12. "Ghosthouse Secret Exit" by XOC
13. "The Creature From The Black Lagoon" by Dave Edmunds
14. "Welcome To My Nightmare" by Alice Cooper
15. "Halloween" by Stephen Lynch
16. "Cry Little Sister" by Gerard McMahon
17. "Zombie Stomp" by Elvira
18. "They're Coming To Take Me Away" by Napoleon XIV

The ones in bold were chosen specifically to coincide with the matching patterns I made for this year (specifically.. Audrey II, Sweeney Todd, Morticia Addams, Angus Young, Gillman, David).

I'll be sharing this CD with friends, I hope they dig it like a grave.
By The Vlad Hatter
I love this one:

14. "Welcome To My Nightmare" by Alice Cooper

Man Behind The Mask is also a could Cooper song considering its purpose.

I have a burned CD of Goblin songs I am always fond of this time of year.

I also have the standard theme songs from all the horror movies.

I have a few CDs for the kids and there are a couple of ones on there I admit I get into.
By The Vlad Hatter
I made one last year, hadn't though about one this year. maybe I need to.

I am trying to find it, but I recall I had the score from Wizard of Oz when the neighboor turned into the witch.

I also had the theme from Suspira on it. I'll post the rest if I can find the Cd.
By Raven
Thriller- Michael Jackson. Know matter how weird he got that song and video are still awesome! :lol:

Rob Zombie- Phantom Stranger. (Or almost any Rob Zombie song).

Voodoo- Godsmack.

Phantom of the Opera- the version from the movie is pretty decent for non opera lovers. At least that opening part when the Phantom comes in with the dramatic scary music.
By SaneInsideInsanity
nice list ryan mine is almost comlete as well, 266 songs/soundbits so far....i have my comp hardwired into my sound system :D works wonders no burning :D, i don;t think i'lll be posting the playlist here though. It includes some classic danny elfman score from bettle juice corpse bride, sleepy hallow etc, nightwish, pantera, alice cooper, the misfits....ok i could go on forever so i'm just gonna stop
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I have MP3s (ahem... I mean, legal CDs) of almost every song mentioned on this thread. When I have my Halloween party, I wire the laptop in the surround stereo setup and pump an endless setless of everything imaginable that fits with Halloween.

But these particular CD mixes are for party favors and little gifts to friends. So I like to have a good variety on there, and try not to repeat songs from year to year (unless it's a cover or remix of a song I put on a previous CD).

These CD mixes I make are just for personal fun, but maybe someday I'll seek out the rights to use some of these songs, and sell an official ZP CD of Halloween tunes!
By CombichristGirl
they just released a new remix of tnbc and it has a sweet version of this is halloween by korn
sheenas in a goth gang-the cramps
black no.1-type-o-negative
im sure we will think of more lol