Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
no one where i live likes metal. they all like rap and hip hop. i love metal not for the vocals but for the guitar and drums! some of the bands have like the best guitarists in my opinion, i play a little guitar every now and then but i only dream of playing like shadowsfall and other bands.

here is my favorite shadows fall song

the light that blinds (no video, just music)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGXcK7791Cw

or avenged sevenfold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osxCNX5i_D4

i like to play these as background music on halloween
By alexaxxem
im almost 19 this month and i started playing the guitar since the 6th grade. so 6 years. i have a gibson les paul studio black chrome ladaldladla at the time was almost 2000$. my friend just got the rrpro randy rhoads pro i dont know if you know much about jackson guitars but its the best guitar if your playing for speed. but yeah man i love metal music i hate rap... im not gothic or emo i just love the energy you get from metal music... in flames, the absence, shadowsfall, all that remains.. theres countless but one band that stands out from all of them is.... ANTERIOR ... theyre a new band, not big at all you probably havent heard of them or wont hear of them.

another good song is silent divide... check it out on myspace or something but do me a favor and listen to those 4 songs... if you like 6-7 minute long songs... with great metal riffs and 2 minute long kick ass solos with arpeggios... then anterior you will love
By Kittie
L ove Avenged Sevenfold. It's so hard to pic a favorite song from them!

I first heard The Light that Blinds - Shadows Fall, on Guitar Hero II. It's gotta be one of my favorite songs to play.
By Raven
I dont think what I listen to is considered metal but I definately dont listen to rap or hip hop. Rob Zombie is among my favorites along with Korn, Marylin Manson, old Metallica, ect... Mostly everyone around here listens to rap, hip hop or country.
By The Captain
38-year-old punker right here. I listen to a lot of different styles of music. David Bowie, The Cars, The Pixies to Linkin Park, Toadies, and my favorite...Rancid. I'll listen to classic rock too, anything that rocks. My ipod has 19 days worth of eclectic music.
By rosesrunred
i lisetn to mostly pop, techo. I like rock music like bowie, the clash, blondie, Rob zombie, Nine inch nails,

not really metal, always felt that was a guys thing :)
By arcane_reaper
alexaxxem wrote:im almost 19 this month and i started playing the guitar since the 6th grade. so 6 years. i have a gibson les paul studio black chrome ladaldladla at the time was almost 2000$. my friend just got the rrpro randy rhoads pro i dont know if you know much about jackson guitars but its the best guitar if your playing for speed. but yeah man i love metal music i hate rap... im not gothic or emo i just love the energy you get from metal music... in flames, the absence, shadowsfall, all that remains.. theres countless but one band that stands out from all of them is.... ANTERIOR ... theyre a new band, not big at all you probably havent heard of them or wont hear of them.

another good song is silent divide... check it out on myspace or something but do me a favor and listen to those 4 songs... if you like 6-7 minute long songs... with great metal riffs and 2 minute long kick ass solos with arpeggios... then anterior you will love
thanx anterior is awesome.

right now i just have a cheap little terminator by synsonics nothin big but it is my first guitar.
By Patti
OK, not going to be popular here, but I hate metal, rap and hip hop too. I just find metal grating, harsh, and noisy. I do however love good, clean, guitar. If you're willing to listen to something a little different try these out. Loud is good. You can listen to these loud without distortion. Of course you may already be familiar with and hate this. If so that's cool too. Each to his or her own.

Brian Setzer One of the cleanest guitar players I've ever heard. Each note sharp and articulated irrespective of how fast he plays:

Dire Straits (odd videos from the 80's)

And just to prove that old guitar players never die:

Actually the sound on these last two isn't very good. One is over 30 years old the other is probably cell phone video, but there are remastered CD's available that sound as good as they did, well way back when it was new music. :)
By Kittie
rosesrunred wrote:i lisetn to mostly pop, techo. I like rock music like bowie, the clash, blondie, Rob zombie, Nine inch nails,

not really metal, always felt that was a guys thing :)
I always hate it when people say that. There are some awesome metal bands any there that any girl should be able to appreciate.
By Kittie
Patti wrote:OK, not going to be popular here, but I hate metal, rap and hip hop too. I just find metal grating, harsh, and noisy. I do however love good, clean, guitar. If you're willing to listen to something a little different try these out. Loud is good. You can listen to these loud without distortion. Of course you may already be familiar with and hate this. If so that's cool too. Each to his or her own.

Brian Setzer One of the cleanest guitar players I've ever heard. Each note sharp and articulated irrespective of how fast he plays:

Actually the sound on these last two isn't very good. One is over 30 years old the other is probably cell phone video, but there are remastered CD's available that sound as good as they did, well way back when it was new music. :)
Did you go and listen to Avenged Sevenfold? I think you would be surprised.
By arcane_reaper
Kittie wrote:
Patti wrote:OK, not going to be popular here, but I hate metal, rap and hip hop too. I just find metal grating, harsh, and noisy. I do however love good, clean, guitar. If you're willing to listen to something a little different try these out. Loud is good. You can listen to these loud without distortion. Of course you may already be familiar with and hate this. If so that's cool too. Each to his or her own.

Did you go and listen to Avenged Sevenfold? I think you would be surprised.
same here, its a pretty good band

i do like the other links that patti provided, pretty good guitar, love distorsion though, just not to much
By Flak
Ephel Duath is an insane jazz-metal band from Italy. Their only good album though is Painter's Palette, check it if you can find it. I know they're on myspace.
By arcane_reaper
Ephel Duath is a pretty good band. i think im in love with anterior now, i love the solos.
By joeincogento
The guy in the shop next to mine (Mirror Mike, since he does glasswork and original mirror designs) was a friend of Dimebag Dave from Pantera and is really into metal. While I enjoyed my share of metal when I was younger, I've since taken a stronger interest in blues. This past weekend, Mirror Mike hosted a Pantera tribute band called Status Hate at one of the local bars. I really didn't expect much, but they really tore it up! Seeing these guys play, and they sounded as close to Pantera as you can get, reminded me how much energy metal musicians put into their work. The drumwork, especially, is unparalled in any other genre (Sorry, Gene Krupa). :twisted:
By arcane_reaper
joeincogento wrote:The guy in the shop next to mine (Mirror Mike, since he does glasswork and original mirror designs) was a friend of Dimebag Dave from Pantera and is really into metal. While I enjoyed my share of metal when I was younger, I've since taken a stronger interest in blues. This past weekend, Mirror Mike hosted a Pantera tribute band called Status Hate at one of the local bars. I really didn't expect much, but they really tore it up! Seeing these guys play, and they sounded as close to Pantera as you can get, reminded me how much energy metal musicians put into their work. The drumwork, especially, is unparalled in any other genre (Sorry, Gene Krupa). :twisted:
im not a big fan of pantera but that is pretty awesome. sounds like a good band, metal is pretty different from other music.

just remembered a nother band, its called dragonforce, not really heavy but great sound.