Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
Question: When does 2 + 2 = 1?

Answer: When Kasabian record their version of the Ghostbusters theme.

Love the band, absolutely love them and love Ray Parker Junior's eponymous tuuuuuuuuune but putting them together isn't a great idea. Bit like a jam beer or salty pineapple, you want it to work, your expectations are high but even Heston Blumenthal couldn't pull off this recipe.
Hate their attitude nowadays. Saying that rock was dead and that they are the only rock band worth listening to. They are not rock their last album was samples and loops. So far away from the first album I just can't listen anymore. So I won't even hear the massacre that would be Ghostbusters.

Anyone hear Brit thrash metal act Xentrix version from the early 90's it was done as a spoof but turned out being their only charting song.
I've heard lots of covers of the Ghostbusters theme. Such a classic tune, I'm always open to new versions to add to my Halloween playlists. The Kasabian rendition was certainly different from most I've heard. Although didn't do much for me. Don't see taking a spot on my next mad mix. Although, if I heard them (or any band) playing it during a live concert, I'd probably get a big kick out of it. It's fun with bands play oddball covers you might not expect.