Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Any fans of Reverend Horton Heat here? They aren't specifically Halloween music, but the retro rockabilly sound surely appeals to a certain breed of psychos. Maybe you've heard "Psychobilly Freakout." And if you do want to REAAALLY get into the Halloween vibe, they did the song "Halloween Dance" for the "Halloween Hootenanny" compilation that Rob Zombie put together:

I bring up the mighty Reverend now because I had the good fortune of seeing the band play last night. It was at a small club so I was able to see the live show right up close. They did a pretty long set, with Jim Heath melting the guitar strings with his quick fingers, Jimbo Wallace slapping the upright bass into submission, and Scott Churilla pounding the drums with a lot of stick-twirling panache. Here are a few of my favorite photos from the show.

By Kayo
i missed his last concert in town do to medical reasons I'm taking a road trip at the end of the month to go see the rev…. I'm seeing imelda may this week. its a good music month for me
By Zee
I don't know how I missed this post. Great pictures! Smaller venues are the best. The last time I saw RHH play live was in 1998! Yikes!

Kayo, have fun at Imelda May. I'm jealous!
By Kayo
i just got home from the imelda may concert everyone should go see her when she passes through tribal seems like it may have a bit of a psycobelly to it at least one of the tracks was about zombies :wink: now to get through the month to go see the rev!!!!
I've been a RevHo fan for a looong time and they always put on a great live show. Last time I saw them with a double header with Supersuckers and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.