Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
By chuckwagon
A friend suggested that I post this because my ZP! sticker is on my guitar in plain view, and he said i need to get over my stage fright... I'm super embarrassed by this, and have no idea why i even bothered... I usually don't play in standard tuning because i hate my voice, and I rarely sing at all, but whatever...

By Raven
Hey, very nice and you sound great! I had a friend who played guitar and sang and he told me it was actually kinda hard to do both at the same time. I believed him so now I'm extra impressed when I see people doing it.

Nice place for the ZP! sticker, too. I stuck mine on the front of my laptop, which actually belongs to the University but I have a feeling it's pretty much mine now. :P
By CorpseBride
Are you kidding me?? That was fantastic!!! I really like your voice, it has a really calm flow. Seriously....it is good man. :D
By chuckwagon
Thanks... I really would like to go to a few open mic nights, but have just been toooooo shy about being in front of anyone and performing. My friend has been begging me to do it, and suggested that I do something like this just to get my feet wet... I'm going to try and do more little videos of songs I enjoy to play around with just for kicks-n-giggles. I just can't bare the thought of watching myself :oops:
By CorpseBride
I think that is a great idea!! You definitely have reason to be confident, you are good! Just beware of the internet trolls, please don't let them get you down if they post bad comments. Terrible terrible people out there.

Keep em coming!
By nosferatu
Hey man, anyone who can play an instrument deserves my recognition. Guitar and voice both in tune and I watched it all. There are bands and singers out there that I may give five seconds! 8) 8)
By amandap80
That was very nice, I thought you sounded great! I am a big fan of bearded guitar players, I married one myself. :D
By purple1worm
I think that was well done Chuck! I know it's difficult to both play and sing. I've never attempted both but My boyfriend does and practices for hours sometimes.
If you are to shy to go to an open mike night try playing in front of a few (2 or 3) people like family or friends. Do you have buddies that play too! Every couple of Saturdays my bf gets together with a few friends that also play, they jam and have fun. It's great practice for all of them and they give each other honest opinions and tips.
By SuperSonic
There is a good vocalist in our midst. That was some great singing Chuck! You didnt sound bad at all! If you can get over the stage fright, you'll be great at an open mic night :)
By chuckwagon
purple1worm wrote:I think that was well done Chuck! I know it's difficult to both play and sing. I've never attempted both but My boyfriend does and practices for hours sometimes.
If you are to shy to go to an open mike night try playing in front of a few (2 or 3) people like family or friends. Do you have buddies that play too! Every couple of Saturdays my bf gets together with a few friends that also play, they jam and have fun. It's great practice for all of them and they give each other honest opinions and tips.
Some of my family members have heard me play, but never sing. That really wasn't my typical style of music either... I just happen to like Tom Waits, and that song has always been fun for me. I'm usually a rock/metal fan. I've been trying to experiment with turning some more hard rock songs into slower ballads just to have something to play on an acoustic, and it seems like turning a popular song into something more of my own even though it would technically be a cover tune... The reason I want to do some open mic nights though is because the family and friends that HAVE heard me are gonna be biased and tell me i'm good regardless of how bad I am :)
By koolaidmick
I had stage fright the first time I did stand up comedy. If it helps any after I did it once the jitters seemed to end there. Hopefully you will have the same experience. I had the opposite feelings as you though. I only wanted to perform in front of strangers, if I bombed in front of them I wouldn't hear about it. It's funny to look back now at the video and you can hear how trembley my voice was. If I can do it so can you! You sounded great and don't let anyone get you down about it.
By Zee
Two things:

1. I like the original version of this song, and this is a good cover!
2. You look like Chuck Ragan!

Any other songs?
By chuckwagon
I've never really listened to much Chuck Ragan, so I was unfamiliar until I just watched a few vids... I guess I can see a little resemblance before he grew the long hair, LOL, and I'm diggin' his vocals... Very "Springsteen-esque" with that tone, and rasp. As far as any other songs, I have only one other recording that I made of the Robert Earl Keen song "Merry Christmas from the Family" which IMO was just horrible. Since doing those vids, though, I found a guy who was just wanting to do some jam sessions, and he helped me with my vocals a bit too, so I've been really concentrating on making my voice a bit less crappy sounding. I'm doing a lot of classic rock in the style of CCR, Bob Seger, Allman Brothers... that sort of genre. I also have fallen in love with Rockabilly music. Been trying to record "Wrote a song for Everyone" by CCR, but just haven't found the courage.
By Zee
Seems like the hard part is already over; you've posted a video and you've gotten a lot of (well deserved) positive feedback.

I'd be interested in hearing some rockabilly covers! :D