Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
By chuckwagon
It seems like metal music goes hand in hand with Halloween for the most part. Choppy riffs, and creepy lyrics that bring out the spookiness in all heshers, headbangers, and thrashers. As a music lover, and guitarist for 15+ years, I was a huge fan of Slayer. Even more so was I a fan of Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman. Slayer has been around for a long time now, and that has to be a testament to their talents and loyal followers. Rock in Peace Jeff!! May the power of metal keep your spirit alive from now until the end of days!
By Killed by Death
I'm a huge Slayer fan too. As much as I like Gary Holt, I was looking forward to seeing Jeff back in the band in the future (along with Dave hopefully). Jeff, along with Tony Iommi, has recorded and written some of the creepiest riffs and lyrics ever. I read that Jeff Hanneman was on a list for a liver transplant but obviously his turn never came up. Sad day for metal/ Slayer fans.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Sad news indeed. I almost had a chance to see Slayer once, but it never came to be. I hear Hanneman's health troubles may have started due to a spider bite? That's really scary, and not in a fun way. R.I.P.
By Killed by Death
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Sad news indeed. I almost had a chance to see Slayer once, but it never came to be. I hear Hanneman's health troubles may have started due to a spider bite? That's really scary, and not in a fun way. R.I.P.
Yes, he was infected with a flesh eating disease ,necrotizing fasciitis, through a spider bite and was slowly recovering from several surgeries to remove the dead and dying muscle, tissue, etc. The incident happened over 2 years ago but apparently they think the spider bite contributed to his liver failure and eventual death. Sometimes, reality is stranger than fiction. :(