Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Joey
So this year will be my first doing more then 1 or 2, and I'd been planning on gutting and poking the pumpkins on the 30th and carving the 31st. But I figured it would be wise to run this idea past you dudes who have more experience with carving mass pumpkins. Mind you, it's likely I'll be doing this all on my own as everyone else in the house thinks my pumpkin carving thing is crazy and my one friend who didn't abandom me for colleges far away is doing her own pumpkin display.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Yeah I've done this in the past and it doesn't hurt. One night the pumpking wont dry out too much and if it does, just pop it in the bath tub for 10 minuets.

Dan
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Agreed. Gutting them a day ahead of time shouldn't matter much. Even if the insides got slightly dry, the carving "face" should still contain its moisture.

Even if soaking in the tub doesn't become necessary, I might give the inside a rinse in the sink anyway. Just to make the inside flesh moist again. This should help the tools poke through well, and cut pieces should slide out easier without fear of tearing any dry flesh from the inside.
By Aylortay
On a completely unrelated note... Flesh sounds like a dirty word.

Carry on.
By Tkaraoke
LOL

That reminds me of an old "Frantic" (comedy troop) skit...

M1: "Area...."
M2: "Area isn't a dirty word!"
M1: "It is if you say it right....area....aaarreeaaa...I have urges in my...AREA"
By Dans banana Loafcake
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL! Focus guys!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan

P.S.

I didn't think flesh or area were dirty words but now I do, you've warped my fagile mind!
By Tkaraoke
Dans banana Loafcake wrote:LOL! Focus guys!!
We are focusing...focusing on our areas! ROFL
Dans banana Loafcake wrote:I didn't think flesh or area were dirty words but now I do, you've warped my fagile mind!
I'm honored to be part of that. A day without ripping someone's mental well being directly out of their skull is a day I do not want to know!
:twisted: :D
By amandap80
zombiepumpkins wrote:Just to make the inside flesh moist again.
Totally letting that one go...
Trying
to
Resist
the
Temptation!!
By Joey
Luckily my mind was thoroughly perverted long before I got here.

Flesh!

Anyway, thanks for the tips and the dirty minded aftermath!
By pumkin-lights

Just to make the inside flesh moist again.

Totally letting that one go...
Trying
to
Resist
the
Temptation!!
man is it just me or is amandap80 totaly perverted
TOP GIRL
By amandap80
Yes, yes I am. :P
By Tkaraoke
amandap80 wrote:Whenever I have to urge to run through my yard naked, I drink some Windex. It keeps me from streaking
That's weird!

Every time I drink Windex I vomit profusely while someone calls poison control.
:shock: :)
By pumkin-lights
Tkaraoke wrote
That's weird!

Every time I drink Windex I vomit profusely while someone calls poison control.
have you tried adding coke it takes the edge off it
By Liderc
Got a question, my case is a little different, I don't have tons of time on the day before halloween, so I gutted my 4 pumpkins today 10 days before halloween, and put them in the freezer. I was wondering, anything else I should do to prevent them from drying out before I carve them the weekend before the 31st?

ps. I realize it's dangerous to gut them 10 days ahead of time, but it was just what I had to do this year because of a paper I have due for class, so take it easy on me=P. Thanks for any help.