Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Tkaraoke
Patti wrote:The only gripe I had was that I would like to have had a slightly longer fine blade for the really small detailed cuts.
This is exactly what I was thinking as well. I'm thinking about getting a second set for next year so I don't have to change the blade. I don't know if I'm lazy or just trying to do the job as quickly as possible. I really think everybody who carves pumpkins should give this product a try for next year. I can't imagine not using this kit OR The Pumpkin Gutter.
By S.A.M
I'm sorry to resurrect an old thread from last year but hey if you can't resurrect threads on a site called Zombie pumpkins then where can you?

In the past I've used Pumpkin Masters carving kits which are great but I find they can cause cramps and pains in your hands after prolonged use.

I'd love to get a set or two of these Warren pro carving kits, they sound great but predictably I can't find them for sale in the UK :x

I've visted the wesbite ( http://www.warrencutlery.com/mcart/inde ... CARVIN+KIT ) but when I go to order there is no mention of delivery price, I'm just a bit cautious as I don't want to order them and find out I've been charged $100 shipping :lol:
Anyone have any idea of international shipping on these things? I suppose really I should just email the site but thought I'd check with you guys first. Oh and did anyone have any problems with the company selling them? Everything go smoothly?

I'm undecided whether to buy them from the site or use ebay.com Hmm.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
S.A.M - funny you bring it up, I can help you. I haven't listed them on the store section of my site yet, but I will be selling the Warren pro carving kits this season, and you can order from me right now if you wanted. I don't charge crazy shipping/handling amounts (only what the actual shipping rates are) and I can ship out carving kits (or anything else) within 1 business day. I'll email you with some details.
By Tkaraoke
Looks like our friendly Patch Master has the "hook up" for you, Sam! LOL!
:lol:

I've ordered my second Warren kit a few weeks ago and it came really fast and I have had no problems with the company. Also, Ryan was saying he is also going to start selling Pumpkin Gutters this year as well. The PG is a tool that you use with a power drill to help gut and thin down the pumpkin's inner wall with such quickness it should be outlawed!
:D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for the positive testimonial on these pumpkin products, Tkaraoke. My aim is to make Zombie Pumpkins your one stop shop for carving tools. So the Sickening Store will be stocked this season with some of the best of the unique tools.

The Warren pro kits, Pumpkin Lights (LEDs), Pumpkin Gutters (drill attachment) and Pumpkin Fresh (spray on preservative). Can you think of anything else you'd need? Suggestions welcomed.

More pumpkin patterns, you say? Oh, those are on the way too!
By Dans banana Loafcake
Music to my ears too dude. :D Looks like I'll be ordering a fair bit form the sickening store this year.

Dan
By cyberdman
Sounds like the store is shaping up for the fall. Excellent!
By S.A.M
Thank you very much Patch Master :D
I got the email and I'll definitely take two of those Warren pro kits off your hands, I'll email you.
I bought some of those artificial lights last year on eBay and I do like them, especially if like always seems to happen here, Halloween ends up being rainy and windy the candles blow out and no one gets to see your patterns. I have to have one lit by candle though as I like that warm slow cooking pumpkin smell :lol:
By Dans banana Loafcake
S.A.M wrote: I have to have one lit by candle though as I like that warm slow cooking pumpkin smell :lol:
Ahhh! I love that smell too.

Dan
By Tkaraoke
Dans banana Loafcake wrote:Looks like I'll be ordering a fair bit form the sickening store this year.
I think you're right, Dan! I need to buy a second Pumpkin Gutter since my original one seems to have decided to disappear and I've always wanted to try a couple of bottles of Pumpkin Fresh.

I've been sitting here thinking if there was some way that you could build some kind of huge climate controlled "box" to keep pumpkins in so they could stay fresh longer. Kind of like a makeshift refrigerator to keep large numbers of pumpkins dry and cool.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Good idea, Tkaraoke. Invent it and market it, so we can buy it.
By Dans banana Loafcake
S.A.M wrote:
The trouble is I have nothing to carve, I'm now hurrying on the pumpkins to grow so I can try this thing out lol.
We have a secret on this forum. It started out as exprimentation last year and evolved into a full blown off shoot. It'l help you through these hard days before Halloween... I talk of course of Watermelon carving.

Talking of which I bought two huge Melons (please :roll: ) and never got round to carving one. It was put under the stairs by someone who shall remain nameless :x after I said I would be carving it at some point. I didnt know she'd put it under the stairs. Anyway the bl**dy thing burst! Yes Burst! It must have rotted and just burst! It leaked into the hall and ruined the carpet there too! It was a very big melon. I'm in the dog house now but I refuse to be 'cos I didn't know it was there!

DAn
By Patti
Wow. I haven't been by in a while. Looks like I started sumpthin' :D
By Tkaraoke
Dans banana Loafcake wrote:Talking of which I bought two huge Melons (please :roll: )
"I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts..." ROFLMAO!
:lol: