Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Tkaraoke I knew it would have to be you! Lol! I've gone from moobs ( remember the mumm ra costume) to melons! :lol: :lol:

Its not that funny to be honest, I tried to clean the carpet twice and it looks like we're going to have to get a professional carpet cleaner in!

Dan
By cyberdman
I've always liked a good pair of melons! :lol:
By Tkaraoke
Dans banana Loafcake wrote:Its not that funny to be honest, I tried to clean the carpet twice and it looks like we're going to have to get a professional carpet cleaner in!
Sorry to hear that it messed up the carpet. This is kind of interesting news because I bought a watermelon a few weeks ago and never got around to carving it so I just put it in boot of my car until I decided what I was going to do with it. Now you have me wondering if I'm going to find a mess when I look in the morning! Ack!

Thanks for the warning! I would have never thought it might "explode".
By S.A.M
Good idea about the melons, but how much does it cost for a decent sized one or do they ony come in pairs? :lol: I mean I'm a thirfty Yorlshireman afterall.

I don't know if the Patch Master has posted pics of the zombie pumpkins version of the Warren pro carving tool or not but, I thought I'd post a pic of mine I bought from zombiepumpkins;

As you can see the handle is different to the Warren Pro one featured at the start of the thread, the patch master informs me it's a much better design for holding like a pencil when you carve a pumpkin compared to the originals that apparantley felt a little bit back heavy.
These don't feel back heavy at all and feel very comfortable to hold, I can't wait to put it to the test this Halloween.
Last edited by S.A.M on Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By cyberdman
Wow, those tools look impressive and interesting. I've never seen them, wonder how they fare.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I haven't taken any official product shots of these tools yet, but you did a pretty nice job with your picture S.A.M! Of all the tools I've carved with, this is my favorite (which is why I decided to sell them from my store this season). I'll have them listed on the site by September, but if anyone wants to order now, just drop me an email or PM and I'll take care of ya. :)
By Tkaraoke
I didn't realized they changed the design of the tools. I bought a new set about a month ago but I never opened the package. The older ones were a little back heavy and these look perfect. Now I gotta scare up that package and take a look.
By Tkaraoke
S.A.M wrote:These don't feel back heavy at all and feel very comfortable to hold, I can't wait to put it to the test this Halloween.
Now all you need are a few pumpkin lights, a pumpkin gutter, and some new ZP stencils and you're all set!

...oops...and a few home grown pumpkins!
:D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Tkaraoke - that's because these narrower handled versions are the Zombie Pumpkins Special Edition kits! 8)

I had Warren Cutlery put these together especially for my store because, like you, I thought the normal version the offer was a little back heavy (when holding the tool like a pencil, like we often do for pumpkin carving).
By Tkaraoke
Well dip me in batter and call me a fritter! I didn't realize that these were made custom for you. Now I guess I'm going to have to get another set just be part of the "in" crowd! lol!
By Dans banana Loafcake
Tkaraoke wrote:Well dip me in batter and call me a fritter! I didn't realize that these were made custom for you. Now I guess I'm going to have to get another set just be part of the "in" crowd! lol!

Ahhhh Tkaraoke you are in the in crowd! With that many posts you've 'crowbared' your way in :D :wink: ! By definition your the only zombie pumpkin on this forum... I think. Im not even a Rotting Pumpkin yet. :oops: :cry:

Dan
By S.A.M
Tkaraoke wrote:
Now all you need are a few pumpkin lights, a pumpkin gutter, and some new ZP stencils and you're all set!
Funny you should say that, I'm already saving my pennies to spend in the ZP Sickening Store, I've got me eye on some more LED lights and the pumpkin gutter, I don't trust myself with a power tool though :lol:
By Tkaraoke
I see it like this...

I'm one of the few people on this site who can't keep his big mouth shut and has to reply to just about every thread there is. I'm not sure that is something to be proud of! LOL
By Tkaraoke
S.A.M wrote:I don't trust myself with a power tool though :lol:
The Pumpkin Gutter looks intimidating but really it's not. The only thing you have to be aware of is that the more pressure you apply to the wall of the pumpkin, the more pulp it is going to shave off. I've gotten pretty close (less than a half an inch) of cutting through the pumpkin wall so you have to be careful so you don't ruin your pumpkin.

Another thing is that the safety instructions say that you should have someone holding the pumpkin while you are using the gutter. I was able to set my pumpkins in a large "egg crate" (which kept them upright during the process) and used the gutter with no problem. The very few that wouldn't fit in the crate I was able to just set them on the garage floor and their own weight kept them in place while I used the gutter.
By Kittie
I do have to say though, it's a lot easier with two people. Here is a video I made last year on how to Gut Pumpkins with Power Tools