Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Patti
I just purchased two of these kits. I haven't gotten a chance to try the blades out yet but they look pretty nice.

Warren Cutlery Pumpkin Carvin Kit

The only thing I don't like about the kit is the little wrench that it comes with. That was easily remedied by a trip to the tool box to get a real wrench.

Has anybody else ever used these tools? If so, what did you think?
By Pumpkingrower
Those look killer.. literally and I will be getting them soon and will let you know what I think. Man how many years ago do I wish I had them from the look of em. NO more broken blades and worrying about curves. Plus a nice comfy handle.
By Tkaraoke
Now that's what I'm talking about! Those blades look like they can handle any ZP in a fight!

I've seen a couple of kits here claiming to be "professional" carving tools but they look just like the same tools you'll find in the PM kits.
By Coley
Glad to hear the positive review, i have orderd 2 kits for myself and am awaiting delivery. I have taken a chance on these kits because they look far better than anything i can find here in the UK.
By finklemyer
From the sound of things I'm gonna ahve to get me a set of them!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I really like the idea of the strong handle with interchangeable blades of different sizes. They look sharp and pointy. Without worry of being "child-safe," this pro set looks like the right tool for the detail jobs. I ordered one up and I'll also throw in my 2-cents after I've given it a test run.
By Tkaraoke
zombiepumpkins wrote:They look sharp and pointy.
..and as we all know the more dangerous looking they are the better they *HAVE* to be! LOL

I was wondering how come all PM knives don't have pointy ends like the PM artificial carving ones does. I'm sure it has to be a safety issue but why would they blunt one set of tools and not another?

I have this strange feeling I'm going to end up with more tools than pumpkins this year!
:lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Aside from their artificial pumpkin carving kits which have a bit of a point, Pumpkin Master's tools have entirely flat ends. I've always assumed it to be a safety feature. It's harder to stab someone accidentally (or on purpose :twisted:) with a blunt instrument. But it's also harder to stab them into your pumpkins.

If you have a tool such as metal snips, you might try cutting the ends off your PM saws at an angle. This will make a nice point for puncturing your pumpkins.

Of course, I'd recommend doing this with your hands in a garbage can, as well as wearing safety glasses or looking away. The end of the metal saw is likely to go flying off and you don't want to get it in the eye. :shock:
By Tkaraoke
zombiepumpkins wrote:The end of the metal saw is likely to go flying off and you don't want to get it in the eye. :shock:
Sounds like "A Christmas Story": You'll shoot your eye out!
:lol:

I think I'm going to go ahead and order one of those kits and see for myself how good they are. I am kind of surprised they don't have just a screwing mechanism for the blade like an xacto knife. I wonder how easy it is to change the blade when you have to use that special wrench to loosen or tighten it.
By Tkaraoke
Patti wrote:I get it finger tight and then take another 1/4 or half turn with a wrench. Not hard at all.
Cool! I ordered a set this morning so now I have something to look forward to in the mail. Thanks for pointing (hehe) them out to us, Patti!
:D
By Cheef
oh my god, i hate you guys. its only the 9th, and with the order of that carving kit i just placed i am officially over budget already this year. :lol:

oh well. i guess now its its also officially time to go buy a tool box for my pumpkin carving gear. full on addiction and 12 step program to follow.

anyone know how long they took to ship and arrive after you placed your order?
By Tkaraoke
Cheef wrote:anyone know how long they took to ship and arrive after you placed your order?
I just ordered mine on Sunday (8th) so they probably started processing my order today. I will let you know as soon as I get mine.

I went looking for a tool box the other day and all Hobby Lobby had were these plastic craft boxes that were OK but they were all pink! :roll:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I ordered my Warren Cutlery Pumpkin Carvin Kit on the 8th, and received it today (the 12th). So for those considering this item, shipping seems pretty quick.

The tool looks good. 3 regular saws, 3 tiny saws. All are smaller and pointer than Pumpkin Masters saws. The little wrench wasn't included in my package (an oversight on their end, I guess). But I found that you can loosen/tighten it with your hands, similar to an X-acto knife handle.
By belli
Hey ZP friends...this is going to be an awesome tool to add to my Halloween Toolbox. Found this toolbox 2 years ago at home depot, good price too. It's orange and black so there is no mistaking it from our regular toolbox. I don't know how to add photos so if the link below doesn't work and you want to see it, just go to homedepot.com and enter 100078992 in the search box. I purchased mine at our local store.

Happy Carving!!
By belli
Hey...the photo link worked :D