Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
I've been following ZP for a few years now and have always loved the patterns, i finally bought the membership this year and plan to carve!!!

Today I went to the local grocery store and they had relatively decent pumpkins so I went ahead and bought 4 of them ( for wayy too much money)

They are about 10.5" high and 10.5" wide, so the carving area will be quite a bit less. Do you think this is too small for the patterns offered on this site? Or should I size the patterns down some?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

To the artist(s) of these patterns - you are a GOD! :lol:

Minakins
(oddly enough the "kins" in my nickname has nothing to do with pumpkins :roll: )
By Kayo
the best way to see if they fit is to put them against your canvas take a sheet of printer paper and lay it on the little buggers to get a better idea. :) if the patterns are to big you can always scale them down on a copy machine or even in print settings. obviously not every pattern will have to be sized down but if you REALLY want one that does its not hard, makes carving a little tricky with the more difficult patterns though.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hi Minakins! Welcome. Glad you decide to join up. Kayo's advice about sizing the patterns is spot on.

Consider this... my patterns are designed to fit on a standard sheet of 8.5x11" paper. So they can't possibly be taller than 11 inches. When you add some white space for margins and the logo at the top of the page, most designs are probably 10 inches or less. So I bet you'll be able to fit the majority of the patterns on your grocery store pumpkins.

One of my recent patterns, Rick Grimes, is a fairly wide design (because he's holding a gun, which prints on a second sheet of paper). I was worried I might have to make the design smaller than usual, to fit everything on a pumpkin.

So I did a test print, and placed it quickly on a pumpkin. Check out this photo. I'd say this was a medium sized pumpkin. Not big at all. But once you cut off the excess paper, and wrap the design around the curve of the pumpkin, you'll be surprised to see how well they can actually fit.