Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
Hello!

I want to carve my logo into a pumpkin this year (I think I will do a foam one so I can reuse it next year) but I need help making it into a pattern - if anyone could help me, it would be appreciated (I have done it before, but it's been a long time and I'm feeling rusty!)
Last edited by Lala on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Raven
Sorry, I can't help with the logo making. I just wanted to comment that you are in my hometown of Boise, ID. and I miss it there! I actually just came back from a visit home and have a lot of Halloween prep to catch up on.

If you can show us a pic of your logo or what you had in mind there might be someone who can help you out depending on how detailed it is.
By Lala
My logo looks like this

the more I look at it, maybe I could figure it out. I'm not going do the butterfly...maybe a bat :-D
By Raven
That shouldn't be too hard, actually. It's pretty much a pattern already, just enlarge it. I would shade the word "lane" or even just shade the entire thing. If you do a bat instead of the butterfly you could cut it completely out to make it pop a little more. There is a lot of good advice in the forum on carving/shading foam or real pumpkins. Hope you post a pic when done!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice logo. Pretty smooth lines, it would work as a pattern. If you want to cut out all the shapes though, you'll have to add some connecting lines wherever there's a shape that is totally enclosed by the letter. Sorta like this...

By Lala
YAYYYYY! Thank you so much!!!!!! I really appreciate it. I think I will work on it today, I will post a photo when done!
By staticfurball
Good idea I should do one for my cake shop!