Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Kayo
ok i got the first of my harvest today but outside i have cool damp weather and wild life that thinks pumpkins are put out as treats for them and inside a pair of cats. i dont know if small cats react the same way to pumpkins as big cats do. how should i store these so they survive to see their full glory in a little over a month?
By Raven
I can't keep my pumpkins outside because the wildlife either thinks they are a treat or something fun to roll down our steep driveway. I keep mine in our basement, which stays cool and dry. Once or twice a week I move them and check to make sure they are not starting to mold or rot. If one does happen to have a soft spot it gets carved right away. I don't have cats but I do have a curious dog. He usually sniffs around them and decides they are boring enough to leave alone. Try to keep them in a cool dry place and they should be fine till Halloween.
By SuperSonic
When I put mine outside, even though it is rather damp right now, I put them ontop of a tarp so that nothing gets in when I tie it up.

I just lay them out on the tarp, put fire logs or bricks on the ends of the tarp where nothing is there. Then I just tie it up at the top using a durable polyethelene (I think that's the material) rope (the type that are typically used when camping).

Virtually anything can be used for the weight portion of it.

Hope this helps a little.