Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Steve-o
I don't have too much to contribute here but the one thing I found that was pretty handy was from a kit at BirthdayExpress.com that my wife's cousin had. They've got a pumkin carving kit that comes with a few patterns, a couple knives, two candles and a little scrapper/scoop.

http://www.birthdayexpress.com/bexpress ... ?SKU=e5260

That little scoop is the most sought after tool every year when we go camping in October! That edge has made quick work the insides of many a pumpkin! The only downside is that it cramps the had a little.
By Pumpkin King
Check out the monster scoop. You can find it at most Michael's stores for a little over $6. It you have to gut alot of pumpkins it really helps the amount of time as well as hand cramping to gut them out.
By Steve-o
Well much to my dismay, I ordered that kit from Birthday Express. It arrived yesterday and they changed the kit on me! Now it has one of those dinky little scoops that looks like a flat-ended spoon. I'm a little ticked off! :x

Thanks for the tip about the Monster Scoop. I've read about that one in the other thread. I'll have to check into it.