Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I found this thing on the side of the road, with a "free" sign on it. How could someone give away such a perfect jack-o-lantern display stand? I think several of my carvings will be sitting on this. Like bleachers, for zombie pumpkins.

By Tkaraoke
One man's trash...

Man, what a sweet score that was! That's so perfect that it's not even funny. All you would have to do is just slap a coat of black paint on it and you're good to go!
By GeologySage
You should zombiefy it. Paint it black with wounds and blood... cobwebs... that black ragged netting stuff etc.
By Mister_JP
Awesome find, Ryan. I'm going to have to start driving around my niighborhood.
By Downright Creepy
Every year in my hometown of St. Joseph, Missouri we have "Pumpkinfest." A lot of local companies carve a pumpking to display in the wall of pumpkins. I'm not sure how many are on the wall but it's massive as you can see!

Pumpkinfest 2005

Pumpkinfest 2004

Pumpkinfest 2003
By Pumpkingrower
I am speechless but could not move on without saying HOLY CRUD.... how do you all survive the zombie invasion that is sure to follow that carving massacre :?:
By Liderc
Good lord, lol incredible.
By Pumpkin King
I have one friend that soaks her pumpkins in the swimming pool. The water rehydrates them and the chlorine retards the mold growth.

Also Pumpkin Dunk'n worked well, but to my knowledge they don't make it anymore. One of my other posts had the details of how well it worked.
By HALLOWEEN QUEEN
Tkaraoke wrote:I thought I saw a topic about displays but I might have been mistaken.
if you have 2 ladders you can just run boards from rung to rung and you will have a whole shelving unit.
By Tkaraoke
That's true...or two saw horses could fit that bill as well. I really love the idea of using hay bales. Would also love to find some dried up corn husks and stalks.
By Steve-o
You mean to tell me you're in Kansas and can't find hay bales and corn stalks? :wink: :D
By Mister_JP
Steve-o: Kansas City = Missouri.

I'll take Geography for $400, Alex...
By Tkaraoke
That is so funny that everybody sees Kansas City but doesn't think Missouri first. I mean, KCK is totally a different city (wouldn't be caught dead OR un-dead there) but it's a common mistake.

BTW: You get ONE, Steve-o!
:lol:
By Steve-o
Sheesh! Make one little error! :D

Sorry . . . . sorry . . .

In that case, I guess you just may have a hard time finding those things! Here in the country of Northeast Ohio, that stuff is pretty easy to come by, especially when the wife's great aunt has a farm... :D

My apologies, Tkaraoke!
By Tkaraoke
Hopefully I can recall the killer robots before they make it to the Ohio state line. I'll give it my best shot!
:lol:

S'no problemo!

Actually, I live pretty much on the outskirts of KCMO and local farms are not too far away. I have just never really thought about seriously decorating the driveway until last year. Now I just have to locate the proper places to buy such things.