Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By urbancowboy
Hello, I'm new and I'm probably going to get flamed for creating this, but I was wondering if I ordered a roll of saral paper today, would I get it during this week? If so, roughly what day? I'm asking because I have family coming in and we were all going to carve pumpkins together. I would be doing the priority shipping. The price is excellent, but wouldn't do me much good if I didn't get in this week :(
By urbancowboy
Also, I found some "yellow" saral paper at a local store, would this work as well as the blue? (if i'm unable to get the blue from the shop on time that is).
By Hottie McNaughty
urbancowboy wrote:Also, I found some "yellow" saral paper at a local store, would this work as well as the blue? (if i'm unable to get the blue from the shop on time that is).
Yellow might be more difficult to see on an orange pumpkin.....
By GUS
Welcome, no flaming required, typically Ryan ships next working day, then it's in the hands of the posties & the lap of the gods...

However for us folk in the uk 5 days is typical to receive from ZP, sometimes less. PM Ryan direct (patchmaster) & ask with an idea of your location.
By Dadja
The reason Ryan sells the blue one, is because it works best on pumpkins.

I have never had to wait over a week for my orders (and there have been a few) and I live a couple of thousand miles away, so you have a good chance.

I'm sure Ryan will do his part to get it to you asap, but it's not only in his hands...
By urbancowboy
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, and advice!

I normally wouldn't be in a rush, but I have a lot of family coming in this week, and we rarely get to see each other, so it just seemed like a neat fun family thing young and old alike. This site and the designs is amazing!!! Never seen anything like that. I understand there's only so much he can do, but was only curious. My mom is so excited about the Twilight series, so I was just hoping would be able to get in this week. I live in the eastern portion of the U.S.
By GUS
Whilst not trying to detract from ryans excellent service (or prices) if you have a Jo-anns / hobby lobby or the like nearby it may be worth simply googling & ringing around, esp if it's going to be to a tight deadline...

no-one want's to spoil a pumpkin party.
there are a few threads (use the search / & look at reviews) so alternate colours may not be such an issue for you.
By urbancowboy
So far all I've been able to find near me is graphite paper. I don't know how this would work?
By GUS
it wouldn't, not worth the gamble.
try the saral website & look for nearby suppliers, after pm'ing ryan.
By urbancowboy
Ah okay. I called all the local ones suggested, and none seem to have it. One lady at Michael's suggested graphite paper. I sent Ryan a message, but not a PM. Should I do both?
By urbancowboy
So would that be acceptable for the harder sketches?
By urbancowboy
Would you happen to know the actual name of it? Like the product name? The lady from Micheal's said they only had one left, so I was just curious about brand just in case.