Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
what form of adhesive (other than silicone sealant do you think you could use to make an array of 1/2 cut pumpkins (sliced down the middle in order to maximise sides & stencils?

Pumpkins can be very pricey in the uk so was thinking of perhaps making a "plank" of em so 10 stencils from 5 pumpkins all facing people in the dark, say against a wall / fence etc to give the illusion of many!

..how long do you think it'd take for them to start to sink in terms of pumpkin integrity compared to complete pumpkins, I suppose this really would have to involve extreme hydration ala Dr frybrains embalmer!

..yes, way too much time on my hands tonight.
By SaneInsideInsanity
...... blank stare....gus you want me to send you pumpkin seeds in the mail???
I have no idea how you would pull that off...normally im pretty clever but really no idea
By GUS
..It's another answer to a question i'll likely never know due to sheer laziness on my part! :roll:
By monstermash
Couldn't you just put them in front of a long mirror instead so the stencil on the back is reflected? Or you could cut them in half and block the back of each kin individually with cardboard or thin wood or something. They would start shrinking pretty quickly i would imagine. Or you could just save up your pocket money and buy twice as many. :D
By GUS
something worthwhile £3 -£8. here in the UK
otherwise it's all small pumpkins of a typical one size fits all supermarket ethos.
By mesmark
I would think in addition to shrinking, you wouldn't get a nice effect within the pumpkin if they were backed by something else, ie. tacked to a board etc.

I've found that pumpkins with stencils on both sides (front and back) just don't look as nice. The smooth back wall is important.

For that price, won't foam pumpkins be better in the long run? As I recall you were a foam dealer or something before. Did you sell them all and keep none for thy self?
By GUS
No I have "some" shall we say left for me.

Now I'm out of my bandages I really ought to get a few carved, however we're off to Canada ((again)) in around 12 days, so...
By GUS
We go there every year, 3 weeks this year, so Izzy can attend 2x ski camps, ..hopefully she'll come on in leaps & bounds ready for the gifted sports scholarships over here (from when she's 8+) to help with her training.
By GUS
She rips when ski-ing for a Brit kid ! ...& this is snowboarding properly year for her too!
(ie she knows the in's & out's now it's time to string it all together)

& yes her snowboard (one of 3) has a zp on it!
officially though it's unauthrised time from school (ie technically truancy) ..due to graphs & pie-charts for gov't satisfaction versus proper teaching & life experience.
the reason they've got such a good kid when at school is down to parenting out of school!
By CombichristGirl
ain't it the truths. there are exception as with everything but that i daily generally holds true.