Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
Ok I'm real sorry if this is somewhere else already, I tried looking but found all sorts of differnt answers.

I gutted 6 pumpkins this afternoon, with plans on carving them Friday night. If I leave them outside they should last right?

reason I'm asking is I'm the only one at home who carves, nobody here wants to help (they ate afraid of messing up----even though I showed them how easy it is). And Thursday night I'm doing a "Trunk-or-Treat" thing or city is having, with a trunk full of Zombie Pumpkins (the foam ones I already did), so I can't carve thursday night.

By monstermash
Im not sure badgers. I gutted one kin that was starting to go soft at the top. I left it for one day until i carved. The inner wall was a bit slimey but i scraped the slime off and it was still very solid. Im not sure what it would have been like if id left it longer. My fingers are crossed for you. :)
By matspud
It all depends on the temperature, the condition of the pumpkins and the variety. I have had some last about a week and others that have barely lasted the day. :? Sorry not much help. Definitely helps if they are cold but not frozen. WE had 17C here yesterday and mine went soft pretty quickly. Thankfully colder today. Have to laugh a non-skiing Scot who wants it to be colder :lol:
By monstermash
I'm the same matspud, its too dam warm for these kins. Our central heating broke a few days ago and i was actually sad to see the british gas man fix it. Ive turned the radiator off in the room where my kins are. Ive carved 8 today and im pretty sure they will last for Saturday.
By paddy_babe
if i carve all mine tonight will they last until tomorrow night? (i can give them a quick soak before displaying if need be)
By badgers
I think they should. My gutted ones are still OK, I'll be carving a few tonight and a few tomorrow morning/afternoon.