Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
I just tried this On a few Kins and it worked Most Excellent.

I was in Office Max getting some things Lamented.
And I Decided to Try this Out.

I bought a Pack of Avery Full Sheet Sticker Paper. (15 Sheets to a Pack) $12.99
Number #3383

I printed one of Zombies Cut-Outs on a Sheet.
Peeled the Paper off the Back, and Slapped it on the Gutted Kin.

I then Carved right through the Paper = NO Problem. Worked GREAT.

Because this Worked SO Good - I just ordered 200 Sheets from these Guys.
100 sheets = $10.50 a Box (I'll Have to test these when they come in)
I'm sure they are thinner pound Paper (but thats More the Better)

Click Here to Order

Again this Brand Sticker Paper - has NOT been Tested as of Yet.

One Suggestion is to use a Saw Blade with Little Teeth, this will stop the paper from Tearing.

Here's PIX: As you can see the Juice is minimal .

After you Remove the Remaining Sticker (which comes off VERY EASY)
Just go Over the Whole Carving with a Damp Towel, or Damp paper Towel)

Also Doh - Has just experimented using the sticker paper on Foam.
And also had Great Results. Micheal's kins - not paint chipping.
By CanadianCarver
Great idea Stoney. I am definately going to consider this method. It would save a lot of time
By Doh
Yup..I tried it on a Gemmy foam pumpkin with great results. The only difference is I used an exacto knife to remove the sections of pattern so that my dremel wouldn tear and rip. 27.5 minutes total from start of black line removal to finished carve.
By Doh
I used Avery 8165 sticker paper. It was $9.99 for 25 sheets at Staples.
By Ajax
I'm going to try to find some of that stuff thanks for the tip.
By CanadianCarver
I went to staples today and picked up my 100 pack of 8.5x11 labels. I can't wait to try this out. I think it will save a lot of time.

I used to use the poke method. Took too long and was sometimes hard to follow on complex patterns.
Then I switched to gluing on the patterns, but then you had to wait a while for the glue to dry.
Last year I used the transfer paper, and then traced over it with a marker. I did this in advance (a few per night) until I was ready to carve. This worked well but took a lot of time. You also had to make sure you cut all the marker off the pumpkin.

Can't wait to try the labels!
By Artex76
I used this method this evening and had great results. But the paper I used was the 2 piece UPS labels. Once I printed the pattern I just had to run a piece of tape down the middle. It stuck on pretty well but you should be sure the pumpkin is dry and warm. The best part is the labels are free since I had some laying around at work. Stoney awesome tip and I can't believe noone has thought of it.
By Tkaraoke
St0ney, you are a freeking genius! :)
By GUS
...I bet stoney could do a Sir Jimmy Savile stencil Ryan!
By GUS
people would be non-plussed if you carved him whilst on pumpkin duty down on the farm! :lol:
Ryan's evil ..i'm off to Stoney's :lol:
By cuvers
stoney, I read your post and thought it was a great idea I have never tried the glue method I always used carbon or transfer paper, altho while I was out and about today office max and staples did not have sticker paper, what I was able to find was "full sheet label" sheet and even tho I thought they were kinda pricey(about a buck a sheet) they are clear so that could be cool and in the event i have a hard time geting it off it won't matter cuz they're clear :P , please keep us posted as to how the other kind you ordered works out
By St0ney
cuvers wrote:sticker paper, what I was able to find was "full sheet label" sheet and even tho I thought they were kinda pricey(about a buck a sheet) they are clear so that could be cool and in the event i have a hard time geting it off it won't matter cuz they're clear :P , please keep us posted as to how the other kind you ordered works out

Sorry when I say Sticker paper - It's the same as Full sheet Label paper.

There Pretty much one of the same.......

I honestly think White would work best.

With the clear - your going to see the orange pumpkin through it.
with the white you only see the lines of the pattern.
By CanadianCarver
The clear is also much more expensive. If you can, return them and ask someone to help you find the white. They should be in the same section you found the clear ones
By St0ney
cuvers wrote:please keep us posted as to how the other kind you ordered works out
I missed this part of your post sorry!

I did get them in, and they feel just like the Avery ones I bought.
(thought they would be flimsy - but their not) ?

I'm going to try them out this Sat, I'll post how it turns out.

Of course fingers are crossed for 10.50 for 100 :D

for the 200 I ordered + shipping it came to $28.75

Office Depot Sells a box of 100 for $38 Bucks.