Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By St0ney
Okay Guys the Cheapie Stickers I linked in the First Post Worked Great !!!

And they were tested in the Worst conditions:

It was Raining all day at the farm today.

I carved under a open shed with a roof, and used the sticker/label paper. I did wipe down the kins to make them as dry as I could.

And the Paper worked Really Well.

100 for $10.50

Here's the Link to Order:

Click to Order

Also Want to state that there were no JAMS in the printer, when printing them off, I loaded 25 at a time.
By Tkaraoke
Hey Kemosabe!

Have you tried the sticker method on shaded kins yet? Did it work just as well?
By St0ney
Tkaraoke wrote:Hey Kemosabe!

Have you tried the sticker method on shaded kins yet? Did it work just as well?
Not Yet!

But My Guess would be that it will work well on Foam.

Don't think it will work well on a Shaded Pattern on Real.
Unless you xacto the shaved area's

But that defeats the purpose of trying to make it easy.
By CanadianCarver
I used the stickers for 3 pumpkins so far. It works great. I even did mine outside where the pumpkins were cold, and the labels stuck without issue. When I peeled them off at the end, there was no residue left on the pumpkin. This is officially my preferred method for transferring stencils. Thanks Stoney!
Last edited by CanadianCarver on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By vibhandaka
This is a genuis idea. I am going to find some sticker paper today! Lol. My least fave part of carving is trying to tape the pattern on the pumpkin to where it lays nice.
By vibhandaka
I tried the sticker paper and it was a success! Thanks for posting this idea.
By blueikaos
I will have to keep this in mind for next year.

What do you do about wrinkles?
Just try to smooth them out as much as possible? Overlap some label so it lays flat?
I wonder about this when it comes to using the transfer paper as well because when I use the poke method I have to fold my paper in certain areas.
By vibhandaka
Sticker paper for the win! No annoying tracing or poking. Just slap it on the pumpkin and carve. It can be tricky in small areas (such as the teeth on the Killer Klown design) because the pumpkin juice may cause the paper to come off, but if you're careful and go slowly, it's worth it. I do have to fold it slightly in some areas, but always had to do that with the poke method too. :) It does leave residual stickiness, but a good rinsing (which I always do regardless) cleans it right off.
By Nikki
Awesome idea Stoney!!!

I am also going to try this... The one thing I always disliked (the only thing) when carving a pumpkin was the poking holes on the stencil..and then blindly trying to carve the pattern as best as I could :lol:

So... I must go to the local Staples/Office Depot and grab some of this paper! :)
By Ajax
Your saying this is better and easier then Saral Paper???
By Doh
Ajax wrote:Your saying this is better and easier then Saral Paper???
Better? Easier? I dunno. For me it was. I exacto out my carvings anyway so that my lines are cleaner. Here is the latest project. It was on a foamkin. I applied the sticker, exactoed the cut through sections, made the cut throughs with a dremel, then exactoed the shaded portions and completed the shaving.
By Ajax
Ummm,... Amazing! :shock: