Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Patti
We started Sunday. We got 60 gutted and thinned. Yesterday Wayne finished the gutting and I started carving. Last night we both carved.

We'll both carve pretty much all day tomorrow and Thursday at which point I hope we have them all done.

We've been lucky with the weather. We've got a miserable nor'easter here with highs in the lower 40's and rain. It's lousy for anything except keeping carved pumpkins moist and crisp.

The finished pumpkins get covered with small plastic trash bags so they aren't getting rain in them but the cold air and high humidity are keeping the mold and dryness away.

I think we have about 30 or so completely finished. 70 to go but we're on schedule.
By CombichristGirl
Patti wrote:We started Sunday. We got 60 gutted and thinned. Yesterday Wayne finished the gutting and I started carving. Last night we both carved.

We'll both carve pretty much all day tomorrow and Thursday at which point I hope we have them all done.

We've been lucky with the weather. We've got a miserable nor'easter here with highs in the lower 40's and rain. It's lousy for anything except keeping carved pumpkins moist and crisp.

The finished pumpkins get covered with small plastic trash bags so they aren't getting rain in them but the cold air and high humidity are keeping the mold and dryness away.

I think we have about 30 or so completely finished. 70 to go but we're on schedule.
crazy lol im dyin to carve. i think i might do one tonight thats shading so it will still be good to go . anyways good luck to u :D