Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By MichalAngelo
I recently carved a Frankenstein and would like to illuminate it where the face is green. Other than a green light (that's an obvious way), are there other methods of making the face green such as colored cellophane, maybe? Any ideas?
By GUS
buy a howler LED pumpkin light from this site with super rapid despatch (even to the uk)!

7 colours either still or phasing slow / fast.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yeah, I bet colored cellophane would probably work pretty well too. But the LED lights can display a solid green, and a bunch of other colors too, if you choose.

In addition to Frankenstein, the green light is also appropriate for...
Eye of Newt
Yoda
Audrey II
Stripe
Slimer
Maggot
Shrek
Ninja Turtle
Herman Munster
Kang, Hulk
Stubbs the Zombie
Skrull
and the C.... oops, I didn't release that pattern yet.
:wink:
By MichalAngelo
HAHA. Gonna make us wait till nnext year?! That's mean. Thanks for al your input. And I gotta say...AWESOME designs. You should do one of Harry Houdini...since he died on Halloween. :wink:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks, MichalAngelo. Yeah, Houdini would be a good patten, I agree. I saw your tattoo, very cool.
By Sind3315
I carved Frank and he is by far one of my most favorite, classic pattern and it makes me look like I have mad skills... Bought the rainbow lights from Ryan, uber super fast shipping and put on the green light. BTW, carved Frank on a white foamkin and he looks amazing with the green light! Also did Eye of Newt which also again looks friggin' awesome.

I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend these lights. VERY bright and they last a long time with the batteries. I think Ryan says 72hrs straight, but I only turn mine on at night.
By ZPjames
A green Creeper from Scooby-Doo would be cool too.
By GUS
RYAN, why not have a recommended colour light list for patterns (on the stencil itself when printed) to draw more orders to the shop in a simple & non-invasive manner?
By Tkaraoke
What a timely post...

I was at Bed, Bath, And Beyond yesterday and they had the Rainbow Howler lights for $3.99. I've never seen them so cheap so I picked up two of them and I'm thinking about going back and grabbing a few more.
By OogieBoogie
....and the C.... oops, I didn't release that pattern yet.

Awww, thats just not right. :( What a tease.
By SaneInsideInsanity
i use a pile of green glow sticks....i really need to invest in some of those howler lights
By Raven
I was going to suggest glow sticks. They usually last through one night which can be a problem if you want to illuminate your pumpkin for more then just Halloween night. They are cheap however and come in a variety of colors. The LED lights are best though.
By SaneInsideInsanity
it takes about 5 glosticks to make a pumpkin really glow...a buck a glow stick...one night or 5 bucks for a pupmkin light ...for life hum....
By Raven
Colored cellophane is a good idea actually. I'm not sure what the variety of colors is in cellophane but you could use different colors on different parts of a pattern. Might be a cool effect on some patterns.