Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
Is there a way to alter the size of the pumpkin patterns? I have a few smaller pumpkins I'd like to carve, but all of the stencils are a bit too big. Any suggestions you guys have will be most helpful. Thanks!
By SaneInsideInsanity
you can get access to a photo copier and reduce the size on there or if you have a scanner you can resize them
By GUS
photocopiers are quick & cheap, ...in, out, done ..JUST LIKE ME!!!
By matspud
I think for the first time ever I might need to ENLARGE some patterns, I got great pumpkins :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Well great for here that is.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Where from!!! Are these the Tesco Pumpkins?

Dan
By matspud
Not a chance Dan. A local fruit farm decided to diversify into a Kids play area/ mega maize and Pumpkin Patch. Sadly he has kept the biggest ones and a couple of people got in before me as we were on holiday but I still managed to get some beauties. I'll try to take some photos.

Nothing down near you Dan? I know there are some great places to get them in Devon but not sure about the rest of the UK
Last edited by matspud on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By CorpseBride
GUS wrote:photocopiers are quick & cheap, ...in, out, done ..JUST LIKE ME!!!
Shame shame...double shame.... :oops:
By GUS
CorpseBride wrote:
GUS wrote:photocopiers are quick & cheap, ...in, out, done ..JUST LIKE ME!!!
Shame shame...double shame.... :oops:
..I was waiting for someone to pick up on that one! :lol:

...don't do steroids kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By SaneInsideInsanity
i wouldn't be too proud of that gus
By Lithium_joe
Here is how I do it.

I print the pictures and keep in a binder. These are my master copies.

I scan these into the computer and then (I'm using an Imac) load the jpeg up into GIMP. (Free software similar to photoshop)

I use this to erase the borders, negative and ZP logo and save in my "pumpkins '08" folder.

I then open Keynote (Imac software like Powerpoint, only better) and import the jpeg on a white background.

I can use the alpha tool in there to remove the background colour and any trace marks from the scan I can then resize the image, and export as a pdf and print.
By sodajazz
All that sounds a bit too technical for me Lithium_joe :D

I just print out 1 regular copy for my binder, the second copy I print I go to the printer properties and select layout and manually select size, I normally have to go to about 65% because of the small pumpkins we get over here.