Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By mesmark
This is a movie shooting tip.

When taking a night picture, if you wet the ground, it reflects the light well and gives a nice effect. Puddles will create mirrored reflections but just a wet surface will give a fading out effect.

Here are my pictures from last year with the wet effect.
http://www.marks-english-school.com/new ... index.html

I haven't tried it on grass but I think it should work.

- Mark
By Nikki
Sweet! Those are somme good pictures 8)

I shall try this
By Zombie Pumpkins!
mesmark wrote:When taking a night picture, if you wet the ground...
When I started reading this I thought, "Oh, Mark did this too. I should also link to his photos." Then I noticed... you ARE Mark. Heh.

I've always liked that photo of yours with the wet reflections. I might have to try that myself. But I hope to provide my own water, rather than have it fall from the heavens. With all the rain we've been getting in New England lately, I'm just praying for a dry Halloween. :?
By Dragon
It doesn't help that they're talking about the "Perfect Storm" with Wilma and the Nor'easter that'll be making it real messy up there.

I do like the reflections of the wet ground. It's pretty cool.
By mesmark
Ryan - Sorry, I have been posting my pics all over. It's not that I'm so proud of my work, but over here in Japan they are rather unappreciated. I get a whole lot of "Can't you make a face? You know with the zigzag mouth or the 3 teeth."

So, I need some love from other pumpkin feinds. One more "I don't see it." and I'm gonna start throwing pumpkin guts.

I wanna pull my hair out a scream.
By Jack
I am sure we can all understand when people come in to my place and see halloween decorations all year round and 8 giant bins filled with halloween parafanalia they ask me if I have to much time on my hands or all this for one day?good thing I have saportive friends and family
By Dragon
"I don't see it?" You mean they can't make out what the design is of? But they can recognize eyes and teeth? :?
By Dadja
Something I liked, and kinda resembles the wet floor effect is putting your pumpkins on a shiny tile floor. You need some dimemd light (like surrounding candles or soft spot light directed away from teh pumpkins). Put your camera right on the tile floor (or a bit higher, support it on a book or something). This is the effect you get:

By mesmark
That looks great . Very nicely done.

I also like the location there in front of the fire place.
By Dr. Frybrain
That's how I made this pic

By Zombie Pumpkins!
That's a pretty sweet ride (and photo) Frybrain, thanks for sharing. Most people only get one ride in a vehicle like that, so you're lucky. :)