Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By 500cdn
Yes I Have A Set Of Dental Surgical Tools That Do The Job In No Time :D
I Also Use A Dremel :lol:
By Meya
Oooh! I hadn't thought about that! I have a disposable scalpel from work that would be great. I guess I'll have to look around for more goodies. :twisted:
By nosferatu
Power tools just bring Driller Killer to mind - the walls would be awash with a mixture of pumpkin flesh and my own if I used one. In the UK, there is a German doctor, Gunther von Hagens who performs live autopsies on mainstream television. Clarification: he performs them on dead bodies on live tv. I could only stomach 10 minutes of it myself, coincidentally, he was dissecting a stomach at the time but it was enough to see that a sharp set of knives would work beautifully on pumpkins.
By Binki
If I'm not mistaken that is the same guy that does Body Worlds .
That is too cool makes me wish I lived in the UK.
By Lithium_joe
I regularly watch Von Hagen's dissections on channel 4. Very informative they are too.

back to pumpkins, recently I've purchased some narrow scroll saws, some files and today I'm going to buy some pins to perforate the patterns.

I'm looking forward to getting carving.
By nosferatu
If we could somehow apply von Hagen's plastination techniques to pumpkins, there would be no need for artificial pumpkins.

Have you decided what designs you are going to carve?
By CorpseBride
500cdn wrote:Yes I Have A Set Of Dental Surgical Tools That Do The Job In No Time :D
I Also Use A Dremel :lol:
I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!! Can you post a larger version so we can see it better?!?!?!
By Lithium_joe
Nosferatu;

I've got my eyes on a mixture of designs from zombie pumpkins and jammin' pumpkins.

I'm going to try and hybridise two designs from each. I think there are elements of JP and Ryan's 'Joker' and 'Lord Voldemort' I want to incorporate each into one design.

I want to try ZP's Freddie Kruger, which I didn't get to do last year.
'Howl-o-ween', 'Road Goat' and 'Count Dracula' have my attention.

From JP's site, I'm looking at the insane 'Ride the Reaper', 'Scarecrow', 'Creepshow'

So depending on what shape and size pumpkins I can get I'll probably be choosing between those.

----------------------

Artificial pumpkins???? What is this new devilry? :P
By 500cdn
CorpseBride wrote:I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!! Can you post a larger version so we can see it better?!?!?!
This Is HAL, He Is s Bad Taste Bear From My Collection

By Lithium_joe
Finally added an avatar - this is the hybrid joker design I want to carve.

:twisted: