Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
I bought a pumpkin in the week, got it out of the box last night to gut it and the one side of it is rather soft and mouldy.

I dont really want to waste it, do you have any ideas for it that dont involve eating it :?:
Thanks
Nicola
By Mister_JP
I had one like that last year. I just went ahead and carved it on the good side and got some good pictures before the whole thing went to crap. It didn't survive until Halloween night, but the pictures live on, and it made for some nice evening decor for the few days it lasted.
By Bonster
If it's big enough, carve out the soft, bit and make a grotto out of it. Get a smaller pumpkin that will fit inside the first one and carve something neat on it - like bats or a witch stirring a cauldron.
By CanadianCarver
I agree with JP. I had to carve 2 of my pumpkins last week as they were starting to go bad. I carved them, took pictures and lit them up outside for 2 nights (that is as long as I could keep them, even with spraying them with water). Once they were completely bad, they went to their happy place back in the field.