Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
By chuckwagon
Many people may not realize that the Misfits band logo that is famously known as the Crimson Ghost was actually taken from the title character of a very old movie from 1946, which was later released in the 1950's as a six part mini series in which the Crimson Ghost is a villain who is trying to steal an atomic device that can stop any kind of electrical system from operating... It's not exactly a scary or spooky movie/show, except for the fact that the image of The Crimson Ghost had the appearance of a "grim reaper" type of skeleton that wore a robe with a hood, and his image has become recognized as the image representing the horror punk rock band The Misfits.
By SuperSonic
Cool little bit if trivia chuckwagon. Although this area is used to talk about the music itself, not the patterns I feel more like this would have fit under the General Spooky discussion heading. :)

Any creepy tunes from The Misfits?
By chuckwagon
I actually thought it was a pretty good fit considering The Crimson Ghost was most commonly remembered as a TV show, and this was the Television section :?
By chuckwagon
Oh, and as for creepy Misfits tunes... try "Green Hell" for starters. Metallica did a cover version of it that was pretty good.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yep, this is good trivia about TV, I support the placement in the television area of the forum. I'm sure plenty of people don't know what the Crimson Ghost is, or why it's associated with The Misfits. So thanks for helping spread the knowledge!

By the way, people have often asked me for a pattern of the fiend skull that The Misfits use as a logo. Unfortunately, not all the facial features are connected, so it wouldn't really work as a traditional cut-out pattern. That's why I designed this alternate pose of the Crimson Ghost, which hopefully pleases the Misfit fiends while also just looking like a cool reaper!
By SuperSonic
chuckwagon wrote:I actually thought it was a pretty good fit considering The Crimson Ghost was most commonly remembered as a TV show, and this was the Television section :?
Look at the time I posted that. Early in the morning I'm a basket case and not noticing anything. Sorry about that :)

Forgot I was even in the T.V. section. :oops:

I had no idea that they used a T.V. show for their mascot. Thats cool trivia on The Misfits AND The Crimson Ghost

*POST 2000!*
Last edited by SuperSonic on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.