Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
So who has been watching Halloween Wars on Food Network this year? It's back again. Teams of 3 (a cake artist, a candy artist, and a pumpkin artist) compete to make Halloween themed sculptures out of food.

Ray Villafane isn't competing this year, so someone else actually has a shot of winning! :lol: So far I haven't been blown away by most of the creations, but it's still fun to watch people sculpt vampires and goblins out of sugar and gourds.

They've had some cool guest judges like Rutina Wesley (Tara from True Blood) and Shawnee Smith (Amanda from Saw). But what's interesting to me is the got actor/director/makeup fx guru Tom Savini as a regular judge on the panel every week. He knows a thing or two about sculpting monsters.
By Raven
I swear I'm the only person I know who hasn't seen this show! I didn't see it last year, and so far this year have not been able to catch an episode. I hear a lot of people really love it and maybe by the end of the season I will have watched it at least once.. maybe.
By NikkiRae
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:So far I haven't been blown away by most of the creations, but it's still fun to watch people sculpt vampires and goblins out of sugar and gourds.
I agree. Compared to last year, the creations are smalled and slightly less detailed. I'm hoping they get bigger. My favorites from last year were the life-sized zombie made from pumpkin and the "picture" of the vampire Maria Antoinette.
By sloaner
Crap I missed it last night. I have only seen one episode this year but it wasn't as good as last years. I blame it on Ray not being there.
Yeah, this year hasn't quite been up to last year.

And, up until this past week, it has been incredibly easy to predict who would be eliminated, because one team each of the first couple of weeks was just a complete trainwreck - bad designs, bad ideas, a seemingly complete lack of grasping the concept of the challenge...

There are moments of "ooh, ahh" brilliance, though. The spider on the most recent episode, while small, was fantastic.

Overall, though, there hasn't been anything that just blew me away. I still remember certain displays from last season, but I'm having trouble remembering stuff that happened just a couple of weeks ago this season.
By sloaner
I just watched the last episode yesterday and it was good. I think last year was a bit better but still enjoyed this season.