Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
By Batgirl
This month they're having a weekly show of Halloween Wars (like Cupcake Wars). They're got teams out of pumpkin carvers, sugar artists, and bakers.

Kinda cool to see the end displays with food and 'kins.

(Also, Extreme Pumpkin Challenge 2 recently aired. It'll probably re-run soon)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for posting Batgirl. I had been meaning to mention this.

Premiering Sunday, October 2nd at 9pm ET/PT - SEASON PREMIERE!
"Witches and Scary Places"
Five teams go to battle to create mind-blowing Halloween-themed displays of a creepy witch and a scary haunted house. At the end of the battle, one team's creation won't be enough to impress the judges forcing them to go home with tricks and no treats.

Premiering Sunday, October 9th at 9pm ET/PT
"Scary Tales"
The four remaining teams battle to create Halloween-themed displays of a twisted version of a fairy tale.

Premiering Sunday, October 16th at 9pm ET/PT
"Zombies vs. Vampires"
Three remaining teams create an epic, sugary sweet battle between zombies and vampires.

Premiering Sunday, October 23rd at 9pm ET/PT
"Underworld"
In the finale, the last teams standing create mind-blowing displays of the unknown underworld. In the end, one team creates the scariest and most impressive display and wins the title of Halloween Wars champion and a $50,000 grand prize.
By Batgirl
They showed a quick preview for the next few shows.... Zombies vs. Vampires looks very interesting!
By pagemaster1993
I cannot wait for the second one. R.L. Stine the writer of the Goosebumps books will be a guest judge on it.
By Batgirl
R.L. Stine was a pivotal part of my childhood. I'm so watching that one!
By pagemaster1993
I think he was a pivotal part of all of our childhoods. I still buy and read his books; even though I have not had time to do so.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I had missed the first episode, but randomly caught a repeat (and watched it while assembling some pumpkin tool kits). I like it.

The food challenge shows can be pretty fun. I don't care so much for the ones that are actually about the food (because I can't taste what is on the screen, so I can't play armchair judge).

But a lot of these challenge competition shows on Food Network are more about the art (which just happens to be made of edible material). And as an artist, I love watching people coming up with crazy sculptures, especially with Halloween themes. The pressure of the time limit forces some drama on the contestants too, poor saps.

So this Halloween Wars takes this food art contest idea to the next level, with multiple teams of food artists, who have to combine all their skills to make their creations. Plus, you get to follow your favorite team for multiple episodes, as each week one team is eliminated, until only one winning group is left.

Nice to see our boy Ray Villafane on one of the teams, showing off more of his sick pumpkin sculpting. He won the Food Network Challenge: Outrageous Pumpkins two years in a row. How far will he make it in a team setting?

Teasers for upcoming episodes look pretty crazy. Rob Zombie is even coming in to judge for an episode. Somehow I didn't ever think I'd see him on the Food Network. Of course, I didn't expect him to do a laundry detergent commercial either.
By Batgirl
Please tell me you guys saw the "Twisted Fairytales" one! Sleeping Beauty was amazing!

I'm starting to feel sorry for Ray! He's too talented to be stuck on that team!
By CorpseBride
I love Halloween themed television shows, bah, who am I kidding I love Halloween ANYTHING! But this is right up my alley for sure. I missed the first episode but I am sure I will catch it. Food Network is full of re-runs. I will be tuning in for the next 2 for sure. Thank you for sharing!

Rob Zombie? Food Network? Hmmmm ok...I'll take it!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Batgirl wrote:Please tell me you guys saw the "Twisted Fairytales" one! Sleeping Beauty was amazing!

I'm starting to feel sorry for Ray! He's too talented to be stuck on that team!
Finally caught up with this episode. I totally agree. The Sleeping Beauty piece was a great idea, and well executed. How creepy... she just never woke up. Corpse in a bed. Nice!

And yeah, Ray seems like he can do great work, and keeps his cool. But his teammates either have poor ideas, or crack under pressure. We know he dominates the solo pumpkin challenges. But working in a team environment is so different. Such chaos in the kitchen at times. And you're only as strong as your weakest member.

Can't wait to see the Zombies/Vampires challenge next, with guest judge Rob Zombie.
By staticfurball
pagemaster1993 wrote:I cannot wait for the second one. R.L. Stine the writer of the Goosebumps books will be a guest judge on it.
OH I love him! I grew up on hiws spooky books, they were my intro into the world of horror novels, cant wait to see this.
I also liked the books by Christopher Pike.
By ghostface
staticfurball wrote:
pagemaster1993 wrote:I cannot wait for the second one. R.L. Stine the writer of the Goosebumps books will be a guest judge on it.
OH I love him! I grew up on hiws spooky books, they were my intro into the world of horror novels, cant wait to see this.
I also liked the books by Christopher Pike.
I've always loved R.L. Stine books! Him & Stephen King are one of the MANY things that get me into the Halloween spirit! :twisted:
By sloaner
This was real fun to watch last year. I hope they do it again this year.
By pagemaster1993
sloaner wrote:This was real fun to watch last year. I hope they do it again this year.
I hope so too, I would wonder who could guest judges this year.