Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
By sloaner
Season 2 was letting me down a bit in the middle there but it more than delivered in the end. I can't wait for season 3 as it will have some really interesting new characters.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Finally caught up with Season 2 of The Walking Dead. Wow. I was hooked. There are plenty of shows I enjoy, but I don't miss them as much while they are on hiatus. But I may have withdrawals until season 3 of Walking Dead starts.

Some people say the first half of the season was slow, with the search for the girl being a constant point of drama. This didn't bother me much. I figure the group can't constantly be on a road trip, they needed an excuse to settle up a base camp in one place. Although, it probably also helped that I had the entire season recorded and blasted through the first half of the episodes in one weekend.

It's interesting to see how the show's plot diverges from the comic. There are certainly key moments that remain the same. But the path to get there certainly changes. With a weekly hour-long drama, they need to pace the stories. A big revelation or action scene that takes place on one page of the comic, might be the source for multiple hours of the show.

I appreciate that the show is character driven, examining how people would react and eventually be changed because of the events around them. Some of the characters are actually a bit annoying to me, but that's okay. That's like life. You relate to some people more than others.

And then of course there are the zombie scenes. Almost every episode features a prominent walker moment. And I was impressed with the creative ways they encountered zombies, and dispatched them. So many times I said aloud, "Wow, I've never seen a zombie in that position before. Never seen one killed in that way!" And I've seen a LOT of zombies on screen. The makeup effects are top notch.

I haven't read too far into the comics, but I know enough to appreciate the character introduction and new location... both of which were teased right at the end of the finale. So I'm looking forward to the next season. This show isn't afraid to introduce new characters, kill off beloved ones, and have remaining characters evolve their personality. Hopefully that's enough to keep things feeling fresh. Well... "fresh" as a relative term, on a show about rotting corpses.