Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
By hkzombie
I am obsessed with the show Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel. I can't wait for the new season of lockdowns next Friday!! I know some people are critical because the crew maliciously stirs up the spirits and taunt them so they can get a response. However, I do like the fact they reiterate experiencing the paranormal, provide great evidence of activity (orbs, shadows, mists, EVP evidence, physiological/ bodily responses), explain the culprits to what makes the location haunted, and Nick is just plain hilarious when he gets scared.. I always laugh when he says, "Bro!" or " Dude, I just felt something...". Yes, they wear black all the time (and so do I...) and Zak is frequently in those highly overrated Affliction shirts but, I still love this show. They do a good job giving me goosebumps, making my eyes water (don't know why it happens to me when I get creeped out...), and I am almost ALWAYS paranoid when I try to fall asleep at night! :lol:

p.s.

I am looking to do a ghost investigation sometime (I did catch some interesting orbs in the backyard), last year I did the Whaley House in Old Town but it was difficult since other people decided to visit on Halloween like I did...

Other ghost shows I also enjoy are:

Ghost Hunters (Starting to become a fan, they team-up and If I had that job it would make it easier for me...)

Paranormal State (They deal with the demonic frequently/like how they give back families control of their homeand help those become accustomed to the paranormal)

Fact or Fake (New series on Sci-Fi...pretty interesting that a lot of evidence/videos can be debunked)
By monstermash
Never seen it. We have Most Haunted in the UK which is probably similar. I do watch it because it is soooo bad! I just can't take it seriously.
By hkzombie
Tonight is Ghost Adventures!! I am SO excited!! :D
By Raven
Ghost Adventures did a show in my home town at an old penitentiary. The place is open for public tours and I have been there many times. The show lost all credibility to me after watching that episode. They went so over the top with everything it became a comedy. I will never forget the guy going on about how many rattlesnakes were on the ground surrounding the prison. He claimed there was so many the ground seemed to be alive and looked like it was moving on its own. In reality you would be hard pressed to find one snake out there. Yet he kept jumping up and down screaming there was another, and another!

I have a problem with orb pictures. Actually I have a problem with most "ghostly" pictures. There are so many things that can cause these specters. I've not yet seen a picture I don't think can be explained or has even been faked.

I like watching Ghost Hunters a lot more. They are more likely to debunk a haunting. It makes the unexplained a little more believable. I absolutely love some of the locations they visit. Creepy enough without any stories of ghosts.

Most Haunted I can't watch. It's so ridiculous! I have read posts on other sites from people defending to the death their belief that everything on that show is real. I think their original psychic was even proven to be a fraud.

I am a skeptic on hauntings, although I will admit it's all possible. Some things just can't be explained. I do like most of the shows simply to see the locations they investigate and hear about the history. All and all they are good entertainment.
By monstermash
I agree with you RD. 99% of the time these shows are a complete farce. I would only watch Most Haunted for sheer comedy value. There has only been one occasion when i was freaked out by a creepy old mans voice, although that was almost definately faked.
Same with ghost/orb pics, it's just dust and moisture or the odd bit of fog.
By punchi
I love Ghost Hunters the best out of all of them. Another good one is Destination Truth, although they're not always hunting ghosts. That Mexican island of the Dolls place was TOTALLY freaky!!! And those guys are funny too. Good commentary to make you lol!
By purple1worm
I enjoy the occasional paranormal state!
I think i've seen a couple of Ghost hunters! It's pretty cool. But I'll admit taunting the ghosts didn't sit well with me. Even if most of the spirits they are seeking are criminals and such.
I've always been fascinated by the paranormal. I guess it's in the family.
My father's had many premonitions and so have I.
For me it's usually a dream that vaguely predicts something. It doesn't usually happen like in the dream. But there's always little elements that tie it together.
For my dad it was a little different. I came home one day craddling my arm from falling of the slide at the park. He knew I had broken it , as he'd had a feeling someone in the house was going to break something that day.
My grandmother suffered from alzeimers for many years (almost 15). The day she died several of my uncles recall feeling that something was going to happen. Some had dreams. Others knew within the hour, before my grandpa called that she had died.

None of us are psychic, but I think all of us have a conection to something.
By hkzombie
My family has also experience similar things like yours. My sister and my mom usually have dreams that have to do with our family members. I have the weirdest dreams that don't pertain to anything that is currently occurring with me, but months in the middle of nowhere... i get that feeling where the current moment seemed familiar to me... maybe it's deja vu? Around our grandparents' death anniversaries is when weird things start to happen in our house. I also recall the scent of roses in the middle of nowhere in our hallways.
By purple1worm
weird! I've had deja vues. It's almost like your in a different head space. Like eveything is normal but not quite. like you feel you've been or seen this before. I think stuff like this does run in families though. I think we choose are families before we reincarnate.
By Raven
Deja Vu is very strange. When I experience it I can think ahead to what is going to be said or happen next. Strange feeling.