Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
By Raven
NikkiRae wrote:I don't know if anyone else knows what a Pittsburgh accent sounds like, but the accent Kathy Bates is doing sounds suspiciously like one. Anyone else notice? Lol
I was thinking Baltimore, although it threw me for a minute trying to place it. I recently had someone say Jessica Lange's accent was French, but sounds clearly German to me.
By paddy_babe
woah, I am really glad I don't have a fear of clowns! I think Jessica's accent wasn't great, it switched from French sounding to German (I think I even heard Southern in there at one stage) but its a hard accent to do... I'm sure as the season progresses she'll be used to the German accent.
Hottie McNaughty wrote:I thought the end of this first show was so, so *sad*. I felt bad for Jessica Lange's character.

omg I did too! :cry: and the sneak peak to the next episode shows the twins singing... downhill from here for her I think :|
vibhandaka wrote:I have a terrible feeling that we are going to find out his face is not a mask after all...
I actually paused it to try and work out what is face and what is mask, the huge cut going around the head is confusing me. I think that the scalp is mask and then there is a mask over his mouth leaving natural eyes etc (when he laughed the whole mouth area moved like it would if you wear a dust mask) but its creepy and something is up with it... made of skin maybe? Or cut into? *shudders*

Ah I love the song, thanks for sharing Ryan! :thumbsup:
By vibhandaka
NikkiRae wrote:I don't know if anyone else knows what a Pittsburgh accent sounds like, but the accent Kathy Bates is doing sounds suspiciously like one. Anyone else notice? Lol

The whole time I was watching, I kept trying to figure out what kind of accent she is using! I have never heard someone talk like that, haha.
By NikkiRae
vibhandaka wrote:

The whole time I was watching, I kept trying to figure out what kind of accent she is using! I have never heard someone talk like that, haha.
According to the article paddy_babe posted, she's supposed to be doing a Baltimore accent. But my friend and I just cannot agree with that lol we know quite a few people from Baltimore (she lives in that area) and we've never heard an accent like that. Come to Pittsburgh though, and that's what most people sound like haha
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I like how American Horror Story has a new theme each year. Before "Freak Show" was announced, there was plenty of speculation about what the concept was going to be for this season.

Sort of reminds me of how this site gets a new theme each year. This season I have a haunted house theme going on, much like the first season of AHS. I wonder if that means I'll eventually design websites based on asylums, covens and freak shows. Hmm. It's crossed my mind, for sure.
By Raven
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I like how American Horror Story has a new theme each year.
I love how they do this. New people can come in without having to catch up on past seasons and for those who have watched them all it's fun to see who is still on the show and what character they will be playing. The story doesn't get old or boring so they could really continue for a very long time this way.
By ghostface
Raven wrote:
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I like how American Horror Story has a new theme each year.
I love how they do this. New people can come in without having to catch up on past seasons and for those who have watched them all it's fun to see who is still on the show and what character they will be playing. The story doesn't get old or boring so they could really continue for a very long time this way.
This is one of the reasons why it one of my favorite shows. So cool how they change it up with a new theme each year. I still have yet to see Coven, but even only 2 episodes in, I can already tell FreakShow is probably going to be my favorite.
By monstermash
Ive yet to watch a single episode of American Horror Story, talk about slow on the uptake! I do mean to watch them all some day though, it looks great. Ive only just gotten around to watching all of Breaking Bad and last week I got the first three Game of Thrones seasons under my belt. I'll get there eventually. :)
By staticfurball
I don't have FX but I love AHS so I download it. Haven't watched Freak Show yet , I'm gonna wait till there's enough episodes out to do a little binge watching. :P
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I haven't seen Lady Gaga's acting skills, but I'm open to it. The hotel theme could be good too. Just think of all the characters that could come and go. All the things that might happen behind all those closed doors.
By monstermash
I've finally watched the first two seasons of AHS, twice actually. Thoroughly enjoyed both. I think I maybe enjoyed the second season a tiny bit more than the first, it was a lot darker. All the cast in both seasons were fantastic but of course Jessica Lange tops 'em all. Can't wait to settle down to Coven and Freakshow, it'll be a long wait for "Hotel" for me but i'm sure it'll be worth it.
By paddy_babe
Has anyone watched Hotel yet??

I gotta say I was freaked out a couple of times, and the whole winding hotel corridors remind me too much of The Shining and Doctor Who ~The God Complex, it looks like its going to be an interesting season and I'm glad they explained a few things in the first episode (I really can't say to much in case of spoilers) otherwise it would have been very confusing! I don't know if Gaga has shown off her acting skills yet but she didn't stand out for being bad which is always a good thing :lol:
By Raven
It was an amazing season premier! Weird, scary, gory, sexy, and intriguing. I can't wait for Evan Peter's character, although I am going to miss Jessica Lang immensely.

I also read that they are linking season 1 and this season together. It will be interesting to see how they do that. All in all, I love this show. I'm really not sure what my favorite season has been. I like the first because, well, it was the first of it and I love the whole haunted house concept. Loved Coven and Freak Show, Asylum probably has been my least favorite, although I did end up really liking it.